Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being that it was Blue Angles weekend I decided to get out of town so I headed to PC with the yak to fish with Ernie a little bit. We hit the water at 0600 and didnt have to look far for bait. I have never caught cigs like we caught them that morning, you could drop a sabiki to the bottom anywhere and come up with 3 or 4 every single time. It didnt take long to find the kings either, within 30 minutes of getting in the water we had both angled one. We ended up catching a combined total of 20 kings, all summer schoolies 10#-15#. Our main goal of the day was not kings it was tarpon and when I heard Ernie holler and seen him throw his his tapron rod I thought they have showed up...wrong. While Ernie was on the phone with Linda a sailfish cruised by to check out what was floating in the water, Ernie said the fish got with ten feet of the yak. Not ten minutes later I saw a fish way off to east jump, I thought that was a funny looking king. As it got closer it finally dawned on me it was another sail. The fish got with in 100 yards of me just tail walking like he had just been hooked up, to bad the 'ol pro angler aint quite that fast. It turned out to be fun day with lots of action. Video has been added!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Nice job on catching lots of kings! It is always exciting to hear reports that sails are out there! Tis the season for the 6-foot+ fish...Tarpon and sailfish and sharks, OH MY!!!

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
I am not positive the fish in the 3rd Picture is a King. The lat line looks like it's a large Spanish.

Nice Report regardless. Congrats.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We checked all the lateral line real close because there were some really small kings caught and we wanted to be sure, and you'll notice the fish does not have a black flag.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Nice report...Does the Pro angler even have a paddle?

We saw some tarpon this weekend and I managed to hook 2, pulled the hook on both of them though.. I got 3 jumps out of the first one though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
YakFlies (7/12/2009)Nice report...Does the Pro angler even have a paddle?

Hey Tim-

The pro angler does come with the standard hobie paddle, I usually keep it stored under the liner in the front hatch. Awsome that you were able to get on some tarpon and get a little areobatics show.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Great report Chris! I like that 2nd video - it seems like you can really pick up some speed in that thing. When Ernie was on the phone with me he was like OMG it's sailfish & just hung up on me ...lol ~Linda

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,546 Posts
thats cool but not enough freeboard for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts