Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Splittine you said you were there for the past 20 hours....What can you tell me about navigating the city? Our company will be coming in for relief efforts with hospice patients on oxygen.

·
Super Moderator
19,718 Posts
Splittine you said you were there for the past 20 hours....What can you tell me about navigating the city? Our company will be coming in for relief efforts with hospice patients on oxygen.
PCB has very little damage. PC has down power lines and trees on just about every road. Zero power in the city at all. Treat everything as a 4 way stop. Main roads are driveable but still covered in power lines. Majority of side roads are covered in trees. The further east you go the more intense it gets.

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bring extra Fuel, arrive on a full tank.
Bring your own supplies. Food water, bring extra.
Roads have opened more, than they were at noon.

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,916 Posts
I'd have to guess that you'd have to expect flats from stuff scattered in the road???

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd have to guess that you'd have to expect flats from stuff scattered in the road???
After Ivan, and in all my travels to inspect, I would get 4 to 5 flats a week.
I would air up every morning, and then carry an air pump to keep my tires inflated.

Then on the weekend go to Sears and have them all repaired.
Sometimes I would have to have a new tire, as the puncture was too close to the outside.

Road Hazard coverage was golden.

In the end, a new set of tires was purchased.

·
Super Moderator
19,718 Posts
Getting back to cell service now. It’s a mad house over there. If you don’t have business there please stay out. All the sightseers are creating hell for all the first responders. Getting around town today was a nightmare.

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Getting back to cell service now. It’s a mad house over there. If you don’t have business there please stay out. All the sightseers are creating hell for all the first responders. Getting around town today was a nightmare.
Trying to drag me feet on getting over there, and start working, as I have verizon, so I know I will not be able to be reached, I heard only AT&T works.

And I want others to collect all the flat tires from nails.
Then I start working over there for the next year, at least.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks for the info Splittine and Banana Tom. Which road were you able to take out?
I got info from calling FL Patrol on how we could get past the checkpoint. One of our guys went in last night to bring oxygen and heard gun shots firing in PC. Crazy stuff down there.

·
Super Moderator
19,718 Posts
Thanks for the info Splittine and Banana Tom. Which road were you able to take out?
I got info from calling FL Patrol on how we could get past the checkpoint. One of our guys went in last night to bring oxygen and heard gun shots firing in PC. Crazy stuff down there.
All roads are open. Checkpoints at 231, 77 and 79. If you have legit business there they will let you in no problem. I have FEMA paperwork and they’ve never asked to see it.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Just got back after being there for about 20hrs. Those pics don’t do any justice to the damage those poor people has suffered.
We have been down in Millville, Parker, and the Cove since Thursday morning. There are no words for those places. It's 2 hours to get out of the county from these areas if you leave around 630pm.

The poor communities are destroyed yet people are living there. They have no place to go and are clinging to dwellings that look like trash piles.

·
Registered
806 Posts
We cut a path for a family down in the Cove and there was an altercation that went on 2 lots over that resulted in guns drawn. The police showed up before any shots were fired.
I saw quite a bit of looting on Thursday and Friday. It seems to have calmed down some since then.
Most everyone is carrying and some seem eager to let you know.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm planning a trip to the area for the GC that I work for on 10/22.
Trucks with Company Signs including GC license#'s, Phone#'s, etc...
Hoping the Gun Play relaxes, but these people are stressed beyond
their limits.
Everyone please be as respectful as to their circumstances and stress levels.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I'm a PC native. It is heartbreaking to be here and see the devastation that is everywhere. I am here running claims as well, and I bet 99% of the homes and businesses have significant damage.

My house has roof and some water damage, but is otherwise okay. All of my out buildings are destroyed. We are considering ourselves to be very fortunate.

My wife was working a special needs shelter and had to be there for 3 days starting the day before the storm. For two days she didn't know if we were dead or alive thanks to the Verizon outage. She was hearing about all the homes that were destroyed and was fearing the worst, even though we have a well-built home. Finally a kind-hearted deputy working the shelter insisted that he bring he here to check on us before working any longer.

Thanks to all those who have contributed to protecting or caring for our citizens.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I have had a couple of claims out in the country and I have refused to step on anyone's property unless I knew I was at the right place. It is sad that people will steal from others in this terrible time of need.

I intend to make a sign that says "Our alligators say that looters taste like chicken" and put it on our road.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts