Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Heading down to see my brother in law in PCB this weekend. We were planning on doing some fishing. Anybody know if going offshore will be possible this weekend? I haven't checked NOAA or wave info yet but wandering what you guys think about the weekend weather, surf, and wind.

Thanks,

·
Senior Yakker
2,765 Posts
I'll be getting to PCB sometime Friday. If I think about it, I'll post the conditions on here for ya...unless that's too late to matter to ya.

So ya know...my parents are camping all week and they flat-out slayed the spanish from shore inside St Andrews S P, sound side. Should be some good fishin this weekend! Good luck.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
The surf is dropping until Wednesday. Then it is supposed to build Thursday and Friday.

I am going to let Friday determine if I am fishing offshore on Saturday. I figure its probably 50/50 shot.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
crooked island

My BIL said we should go to Crooked Island sound and fish if wind wasn't too bad. He is a really good kayak fisherman so I will agree. Anybody on here know about fishing there? Any bottom spots close to the mouth of the pass there? I have a GPS and bottom machine on my kayak. Any sense taking my cobia rod or should I just bring the red/speck tackle? Would love to catch a king or cobia if any around. Looks like seas are going to be choppy but shouldn't the NNE 5-7 mph wind help calm the swells?

I fish Mobile Bay exclusively so I'm totally out of my comfort zone going to PCB!

·
Registered
65 Posts
PCMI BArge is a good public spot that produces a lot of fish for me and my dad for a public spot that is. I think its about mile and half off the beach. Here is the location if you are interested. 3006.831/8549.528

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've fished crooked island sound several times. Great inshore action on the flats inside the sound. Really good in the mouth and the beach each side of the sound. As far as cobia, I'm no expert there, but it has to be good there too. Great area!!

·
Make it a Grady Day.
2,784 Posts
some relief toward the end of the weekend.

357 PM CDT THU APR 18 2013
.FRIDAY...SOUTHWEST WINDS 16 TO 19 KNOTS BECOMING WEST 19 TO 22 KNOTS LATE IN THE MORNING...THEN BECOMING NORTHWEST 22 TO
27 KNOTS IN THE AFTERNOON. A SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY WILL LIKELY BE REQUIRED FOR THAT TIME PERIOD. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET. SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.
.FRIDAY NIGHT...NORTH WINDS 19 TO 22 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET. SCATTERED SHOWERS.
.SATURDAY...NORTHEAST WINDS 17 TO 20 KNOTS DIMINISHING TO 11 TO 14 KNOTS IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET SUBSIDING TO 2 TO 3 FEET IN THE AFTERNOON.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...NORTHEAST WINDS 14 TO 17 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET.
.SUNDAY...EAST WINDS 14 TO 17 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts