Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done quite a few searches and haven't come up with anything definite for a location to launch kayaks for fishing either of these creeks. From some older posts I was able to gather there is/was a place to launch at the end of State St. into Soldier Creek and Baldwin St. into Palmetto Creek. Both of these location are a little further north than I'd like to launch but could work with it if it's the only place to put in.
Anyone here know if there are any places further south towards the mouths of these creeks to launch?

I was thinking about trying one or the other out this weekend for specks/redfish. However I am open to other/better suggestions for this area.

·
Registered
71 Posts
There's a launch near the mouth of palmetto at yupon road. I believe it's a county ramp. The one on state street is really just a road that dead ends.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I launch at the end of Escambia Road and Yupon Street, both were easy in and outs. The ramp at Yupon street however is in pretty bad shape. It's fine for a kayak, but I wouldn't try to launch much more than a small skiff there.
Thanks again for the info!!
...and no, we didn't catch any fish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts