Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to get a PA14 tomorrow. Going to move my humminbird 385ci over from my outback. I'm going to get two forward rod holders and a live well. After that I plan on fishing it for a bit before I decide to do anything further.

Any must have mods?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Going to get a PA14 tomorrow. Going to move my humminbird 385ci over from my outback. I'm going to get two forward rod holders and a live well. After that I plan on fishing it for a bit before I decide to do anything further.

Any must have mods?
hobie rod extensions for the rear holders

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
It's not as big a deal inshore but eventually you'll want to go offshore when you start seeing the snapper, grouper, king mack reports. When you do, I'd recommend getting a GPS/Fishfinder combo. There are lots of options out there from Lowrance, Eagle, Hummingbird, etc. but start out with something cheap-ish (less than $200).

Good luck!
Alex

·
Senior Yakker
2,765 Posts
I say a 48 qt cooler is more of a must have than the livewell. You can hang your live bait over the side.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts
Buddy system

I agree with previous poster about the cooler but you can share a cooler in one boat and use the other one for the Livewell. Just need a buddy to share with.

·
Senior Yakker
2,765 Posts
FWC doesn't give a damn if half of your cooler's contents (fish limits) belong to the guy paddling next to you.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts