Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that things are going to go south, so to speak. Where is the best place to get some raw oysters and great seafood? Just want to enjoy fine Gulf eating and make myself fatter?. :) I would like to patronize our local restaurants.

:toast

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Peg Leg's!!! Get a bushwacker with a floater of 151 then order a cajun shrimp appetizer and some oysters!

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
lol 2 weeks ago i went to Crabs for their happy hour food... .25 oysters, shrimp and chicken wings. we sat down and immediately asked for the normal happy hour stuff. we were told "we stopped our happy hour food specials cause of the oil..." i may be wrong but im nearly sure they get the majority of their oysters from apalachicola area(which was devoid of oil at the time)?? and im sure the chicken wing industry is taking a huge hit over the oil... :banghead

anyways, we left there and went to Peg's and ate some of the best .25 oysters ive had in a while.. paired with a few Landsharks, made for a fantastic afternoon

·
Registered
13,527 Posts
East Bay Oysters are the Beast, but East Bay is shut down right now from the rain last weekend.

Tha Apalachicola Oysters are a bit small, because they opened the season early because of the threat of oil. Once East Bay opens back up, Peg Legs and other will then again. Louisiana Oysters are mostly all shut down. Texas Oysters are good too.

Call ahead and ask which they are shuckin'

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Peg Legs is always a favorite but get there early. Been a while since I was there but if they have the fried blue crab claws,they are the shizzat! Thanks for keeping your money local man,I'm sure the folks that work on the beach and surrounding areas appreciate your business. While your there,inquire why it still costs a buck to get on the island during this sh*t economy and with the other thing goin on! Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
My wife works for Goatfeathers in santa rosa... they started buying texas oysters... I guess they want size, quality and price and those requisites ruled out the local stuff one way or other...

She said the tejas oysters were big and purdy!

Brent

1 - 11 of 11 Posts