Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dad went oystering with one of his friends down here a couple of days ago and brought some home and they were beastin had a really good salty taste and i ate some from west bay earlier they were very fat and salty

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow. I wouldn't be eating any Oysters for a while. me and my dad had some and we were sick for a week. A couple of are friends got sick to, so it wasn't just that batch. has anyone else been getting sick. I got to admit the I loved the oysters that I had, but they sure didn't love me back.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Cisco, Where were they from? Thats a new one on me although I havent ate any lately. Is ecambia bay open? Oyesters are awsome if there salty. Bait boy must have gotten some appalacha bay oyesters.

·
Registered
249 Posts
We picked some up from Pattie's and ate them this weekend. They were from Galveston. By far, the biggest, fattest oysters I've ever eaten. They weren't all that salty but very good overall.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Escambia was open before this rain i dont know about now. We went and got some Friday and they were awesome. Very salty and a good grade as well

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a 50# sack from Smokey J's in Milton this past Saturday and he recommended the East Bay oysters he had over the A'colas; will let you try each beforwe buying. They were huge selects, excellent tasting with a good salt flavor to them. Couldn't eat them all Saturday so made stew on Sunday - oysters, half-n-half, milk, celery, onions, tabasco, and black pepper, m-m-m-m-m good.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no sir they came from north and thats approx 5 minutes from our house down here i have never liked oysters but i ate about 3 dozen in one sitting with my buddy Jared and there were some my dad caught that would have took literally 3 crackers to hold them . but were about to start oystering in west bay which is about 15 miles from our house so Im surrounded by oysters :letsdrink

·
Registered
170 Posts
I ate some about a week ago that were pretty good upat theAuburn Oyster bar. This time of year they are hit and miss up here though. I usually get them cooked unless im back home in Pensacola

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I had some select from Pattis last week and they weren't bad. Weren't the best I've ever had but they were OK.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts