Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the deal with the idiots that launch their boats pull forward and park. Am I the only one that was raised not to park right in front of the ramp. I can just see them "I like this ramp cause I can pull in, back up, pull forward, and park. That way when I get back all I has to do is put it in reverse." I could maybe under stand if...wait no I couldn't. I could launch and park better in 5th grade than you. I got pictures if you think it was you and want to admit to being an asshole.

Alright that is my rant for the day.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
So to better understand your frustration, are you upset about them parking straight forward after launching their boat or a bad parking job or both? If you look left after launching there's additional parking. On a busy summer weekend that parking area plus the parking area straight forward are all taken.

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So to better understand your frustration, are you upset about them parking straight forward after launching their boat or a bad parking job or both? If you look left after launching there's additional parking. On a busy summer weekend that parking area plus the parking area straight forward are all taken.
Straight forward I have never seen anyone parking to the left. Area in front should be last spot. And its road not grass, hill or curb. pics incoming.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Doesn't mean it's right but I believe rule of thumb is "first come first served" on being able to park straight forward. There's a nice launch up by the hwy 90 bridge on your right if going west on 90, can't remember the name but that's a better launch in my IMO plus patrolled more.

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doesn't mean it's right but I believe rule of thumb is "first come first served" on being able to park straight forward. There's a nice launch up by the hwy 90 bridge on your right if going west on 90, can't remember the name but that's a better launch in my IMO plus patrolled more.
Yeah thats the same rule I say when I catch 10 inch bass. So I think your wrong.

They might as well be on the road.

Notice that ford did it right

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I think you're just too over sensitive and should take a self evaluation assessment. That's the norm in both pictures, nothing wrong.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Pubcutter88;Notice that ford did it right[/QUOTE said:
So, if every other space was taken but one of the two on the right, would you have launched or done the unthinkable???

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, if every other space was taken but one of the two on the right, would you have launched or done the unthinkable???
If everything was full then it would be ok. But if I was one of those four trucks, and the ramp was full. Then its clear there would have been only one option. Drive straight into the water truck first swim out disconnect boat from trailer and start fishing. First come first serve and you can launch around me.

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,433 Posts
I think there is plenty of room to be able to launch.
Most every launch I launch at in the summer is far worse than these pictures. If you want the center spot, I agree it's a first come basis.
There are no lines in the lot that I can see, there for I should not think they are parked in the wrong spot. If there is a no parking sign beneath their truck, then they would be parked incorrectly.
But with a parking lot with 95% availability! I don't see what the whole complaint is. There is plenty of room to park.
Try parking at one of the public lots right close to the gulf, and have to maneuver around cars parked in every other trailer parking spot.
Sometimes I've had to find spots to park down the street from where I want to park because I was late getting to the launch on a smooth Saturday in June

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
If everything was full then it would be ok. But if I was one of those four trucks, and the ramp was full. Then its clear there would have been only one option. Drive straight into the water truck first swim out disconnect boat from trailer and start fishing. First come first serve and you can launch around me.

I see........... I was there earlier and there were trucks and trailers stacked everywhere, Those guys are Still out....................Don't you fell silly now???

·
Super Moderator
28,636 Posts
I've launched there and have parked in all the above spots....Now if those spots are full and I was launching a 29 ft'r w/ a triple axle trailer I may get a little more frustrated but my backing skills are a little above average...

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Let me see now........ one of us had to work today while the other fished..... one of us is Bitching about our day???............................i'm confused...lol

I'm just screwing with you by the way... no harm intended.

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Think he is saying they launched and simply pulled forward being lazy and in others way when there was plenty of room
+1

Let me see now........ one of us had to work today while the other fished..... one of us is Bitching about our day???............................i'm confused...lol

I'm just screwing with you by the way... no harm intended.
hey im still fishing(trolling) away :thumbsup:

·
Registered
699 Posts
Wirelessly posted

The OLE Run Way!

I'm not sure what to think of your rant. Most boats that are launched there are single axle trailers with small river boats that can be easily maneuvered. I've lauched my double axle trailer there many times with All spaces Straight ahead full in the areas you are pissed they parked in. I get the impression that you need to get your towing vehicle and trailer straight so you can launch your boat? Just think about the folks bumper over the road. If they had not pulled up that far you would've had less room to launch.
If you want to launch truck first I recommend you go launch in Marquis Basin. You can get a really good head of steam to launch truck first there. There are no parking spots straight up from the launch also, so no need to worry about folks parking in front of the launch. Marquis Basin launch is located off Gillispie Rd. Which is off of Ward Basin.
I don't see anything wrong with the way the folks parked the tow vehicles you are complaining about. It has a small area for parking. Maybe you lost a big fish or lost your favorite lure or broke your favorite rod and are looking for something to vent about?

"GET'EM OFF THE BOTTOM "

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Damn those guys are in my parking spot... Is it that hard to back a trailer on a slight angle? It takes less time than your "rant" did.

·
Registered
14,772 Posts
When I launch there I always pull to the end to park. I do so mainly to keep all you rednecks from running over my trailer!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts