Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oscar, since you are San Diego bound and asked about fishing out there. Check out Mishfish videos.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Thats awesome thanks for sharing. I should be out there next week.
But I have to wait about a month to take my pa12. Hmgotta figure out where to store it before I go.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
White sea bass, yellow tail, and halibut will be the fish I try to target most..

Getting my go pro hero3 black today cant wait to use it :)

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Thats awesome thanks for sharing. I should be out there next week.
But I have to wait about a month to take my pa12. Hmgotta figure out where to store it before I go.
I got some room at my shop where you can store it if you want. I can put it up in the storage area above my office..

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Thanks for the offer breeze but I ment in Cali.
Im nervous about going to a new ship and starting over.

Oh, okay. Thought you meant a place to store it here until you were able to get it shipped out there..

·
Registered
716 Posts
Storage unit man! That's what I do. Or hell, just rent a slip and live on the damn thing....

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I lived out there for 5 yrs and worked for the state collecting fish for contamination studies. I have literally fished the entire coast of California and San Diego was my favorite.

I would definitely target those species. Theres also a lot of kelp bass aka calico bass and various rockfish on the kelp beds for light tackle fun. I would also target thresher sharks out there with live bait, they are delicous! They don't taste like shark at all. They are better than sea bass in my opinion.

San diego bay holds a lot of fish as well. If you launch at shelter island boat ramp and head torwards the submarine dock there is a bait barge that sells live sardines and anchovies and sometimes live squid. right out in front of the boat ramp you can catch barred and spotted sand bass, halibut, various shark species and juvenile sea bass.

In south San Diego Bay there is a huge grass flat that you can catch bone fish, sand bass and halibut. I lost about a 30 lb halibut boatside right by Coronado Bridge.

Here's a few pics
Fish Fishing Sound Recreation Recreational fishing

Fish Fishing Recreation Northern pike Recreational fishing

Fish Fishing Recreational fishing Recreation Jigging

Fish Fish Fishing Recreation Ray-finned fish

Fish Fish Anglerfish Porcupine fishes Bony-fish

Fishing Fish Recreational fishing Fisherman Recreation

Fishing Fish Mahi Mahi Recreational fishing Fisherman

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Be careful out there the surf is crushing and the fog rolls in quick and can be very thick. Definitely carry a compass in case gps fails!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts