Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out of the pass @ 630 am after catching a good haul of cigar minnows, Started out trolling cigar minnows and hooked up/landed a nice spanish pretty quick. Spousal unit noticeda couple of the lines were twisted , and she and the captain had to spend @ 30 minute untangling things. While she was handlining one of the minnows in a nice king hit it and snatched the line out of her hand. Somehow we actually landed it.

Seas were great so we were able to take the 23 ft Kng Triton out a ways, started by heading for the Phoenix, bottom fished and caught a few nice snapper Red and mingo)and I had a blast fishingtopwater plugs on a light rod and continuously nailing nice bluefish on every cast... we headed forJanet and same thing minus the bluefish and we had trouble trying to drift over the rig (apologies to the 2 gusy anchored out there, we got a little close).

Because of the calm seas we headed out to the Barnacles and spotted a tide/weed line running north to south and decided to troll along it. Then the fun began, starting with a hookup on a huge mahi-mahi that we lost at the boat, followed up by non-stop action with chicken dauphin on the topwater plugs and mirro-lures, including spotting and this time landing a nice big one. Don't know how many we landed but here is what we kept minus afew that had already been cleaned... a great day...

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, we were calling them bluefish, don't know why, but I think you are right, I guess we have som good bait now.....

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
Nice mess of fish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts