Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who invites me down to Orange Beach, Al. every year for a week of fishing. This year we're going down in the middle of June. I've never caught a wahoo or yellowfin. We have went out as far as the Petraunus on two ocassions. What could I hope for this year.

Thanks

GBrk

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,547 Posts
For Pelagics it will depend on the Spring we have. The last few years we have had excessive amounts of rain and it runs off from the rivers and streams in to the Bays and out into the Gulf. That makes the water nasty looking and Pelagics look for clean water. it is not lloking good so far but Spring could dry out yet.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Like Lobsterman says, future weather will determine what the pelagicfishing will be like in June. As of Feb 10th per Hilton's, Petronius and those surrounding rigs are sitting in green (but not muddy water). The Spur and Nipple/131 are in a blue/green blend of water. One of the big factors will be how much rainwater comes down the Mississippi River this spring. Last year in June,the rigs, nipple/131, spur, etcwere sitting incloudy green water with little life on the surface. Currents and water temperaturedefinitely play a role too...just way too early to tell. In June, I hope blue or blue blended water is within 20 miles of shore, weedlines full of lifeare prevalent, and people are slaying the billfish, wahoo, dolphin, and tuna.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts