Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay... my first investments will be a powerpole and 101lb trolling motor. I'm planing on a couple foot pads for the powerpole, one on the poling platform, another near the bow. I'm planning on the GPS deal with the trolling motor, I'll wear the small remote controller around my neck. (The power pole has a remote control option too, but I figure it'll get complicated with two remotes)

As I save $$$ for future investment...

I want a leaning post for my poling platform (I won't be doing any poling and I'd like to lean my older bones a bit)... what about forward... would you inshore guys prefer an 18" stool or a bass seat?

I won't be doing much fly fishing... will a small t-top for some shade be a bad idea? I'd like the room for storing a vhf and fm radio in a small box up in a t-top. My console is pretty small.Plus it'd be nice to have rod holders up there. There's not much room behind the console and the bench seat.

Would a t-top inside the profile of the boat inhibit fishing at all? I'd put the FM and VHF antennas on top.

Anything else?

Refer to the attachment for the deck layout...

By the way... the bait wells (3) have a window that opens on the deck, thoughI thinkto be less than useful for taking bait out.

I'm trying to slowly build the perfect boat... any help and advice, experience, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
That is a beautiful boat. If its the same one, I looked at it closely when it was for sale near the flea market in Midway. Everything on it was top notch. I just couldn't afford it at thetime. As for outfitting it, I always shyed away from a front seat when I had my flats boat because I didn't want give it that "bassboat look" but I always wished I had one after a long day of standing. If I were to outfit another one, I'd definitely put at least a "butt seat" to lean against on the bow. The platform would be cool as well and could easlily interchanged with the seat depending on the type of fishing you planned for the day. I don't think I'd put a T-Top on it. Mine gets in the way sometimes on a 21' Bay Boat when casting.That my 2 cents. Congrats on a beatiful boat.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
sweet boat...i'm pretty sure its the same one that was parked in front of the gulf breeze flea market about 5 years ago. i looked it over real well back then, it was just a bit out of my price range though. congrats on the new ride jim

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chris,

That's my boat at Will's... a couple things to be fixed before the sale.

Climb all over it and tell me what you think... my current plan is to add a batteryunder the console and another in the rear seat storage, a couple battery chargers for the 36 volt Minnkota and the Start/House battery, and a PowerPole. Probably separate the bilge pumps, put one on a separate high water float switch with a buzzer as a high water alarm

After that, it's all a wishlist waiting on $$$.

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black">A power pole is worth it?s weight in gold. A bit pricey but you get what you pay for. I have an 8' power pro and love it.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MGuns (3/19/2010)<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="COLOR: black">A power pole is worth it?s weight in gold. A bit pricey but you get what you pay for. I have an 8' power pro and love it.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>Do you use foot pedals for your Power pole? I'm gonna have the i-pilot fob for the trolling motor around my neck, so I figure a foot pedal forward and another on the front corner of the poling platform will work instead of trying to carry two fobs.<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>I also read on the PowerPole website that if you're a right handed caster put the power pole on the starboard side, port side for southpaws... something about back casts when you park the boat in higher winds. and the boat starts to park partly sideways on the pole. Maybe it's for fly-fishing, I can't "see" any difference in my puny brain???<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>Jim

·
Really Senior Member
485 Posts
I'm a righty but my Power Pole is on the left. I can't see where it would make any difference unless one is a fly fisherman.

You are right about needing a place to park your butt on a long day, especially at my age. My little 15' skiff doesn't have a lot of room so I chose a triple purpose casting platform, seat, and cooler.

Oh yeah, the buttons just below the trolling motor prop are my home made Power Pole controls.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts