Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lot of Date Palm seedlings anywhere from about 12" to 36" high. Easy 30+. They are not in pots, so if you want some, get up with me, bring your own pots with some fertile dirt/potting soil.
5 to 10 per person should be good, maybe take 30 ?
If you're starting your own nursery, maybe take them all, depending on who all responds?

I also have a few (maybe 4) Golden Scuppernogn vines. I used seeds from the biggest off my main vines. My plan is to take seeds again from one of these and plant again. For an idea, these seeds came from scuppers that would cover a 50 cent piece.
They're really sweet and juicy. Plant in full sun.

I'll have fig and catawba cuttings maybe this summer or early fall. Yes, I'll give them to good homes too.
Some (maybe just 1 tho) fig cutting will be from a cutting from a 100+yr old fig tree from Pace,fl., if you're into the history or purity of plants. My original cutting is now about 4' tall.
But I should have cuttings from regular turkey figs too for those who don't care the history of where they came from.
All cuttings will be rooted stock.
Just hit me up.

·
Registered
202 Posts
If they haven't already been spoken for, I'd like to get a couple of the grape vines. We just moved to Pace and that's on the wife's dream list.

Have plenty of pots and soil. What can I trade for them?

Dave
USN Vet

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
notta good time to transplant. the roots undergo such trauma it's hard for the plant to survive. try to wait until cooler weather. if they're not in pots, they have a small chance of survival.
jack

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If they haven't already been spoken for, I'd like to get a couple of the grape vines. We just moved to Pace and that's on the wife's dream list.

Have plenty of pots and soil. What can I trade for them?

Dave
USN Vet
Free, just have the dirt/soil in your pot, bring at least a gallon one. I have a large one in a larger pot too, long runs on it. Bring a 5 gallon one for this one to hold the roots, if you want it.

The others are in a 4x4 planter box, and so long as you spread the roots out when planting, water regularly.
Just plant them same day you get them. They'll survive, the move may stunt their growth for a little while, but will get beyond it.
So if you want to give it a try, 2 will be set aside for you.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Thank you CurDog. I will definitely take you up on it. I've got the pot and plenty of soil, peat moss, etc.

Can you PM me your address and when is a good time to pick up? I'm getting a load of gravel for the boat barn Tuesday, but can zip over Wednesday.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
If silverking doesn't get all 4, I'd like to grab a scuppernong to go with my muscadines.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts