Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have decided to get out of the hunting business. We are starting to sell all hunting merchandise at 20% off excluding handguns, used guns, and AR rifles. We are going to stay in the business of selling those items. We are just getting out of the hunting end of the business. We will be open to any bulk offers. The high end items like the shotguns, rifles, bows, and optics will go fast. This is a first come first served. No layaways. This sale is on in-stock merchandise only. We are pressed for room and we decided that the best use of the square footage is by filling it with a better selectrion of fishing gear and clothing and also increasing our inventory on Big Green Eggs, hand guns and AR's. The sale starts now

·
Banned
1,468 Posts
Yer Jokin'....

Doing away with the hunting stuff so that you can put in more......ummm.....Big Green Eggs ?? Brilliant move !! Tell the owner I said........huh. --- SAWMAN

·
Praedator
10,133 Posts
Well, I guess it's a good thing that Boxons near me is getting more hunting gear as time goes by then. Glad I got my boots from y'all a few weeks ago when I did I guess.

Was the hunting gear just not moving off the shelves or something???? I'll swing by to see what's left this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
20,145 Posts
Doing away with the hunting stuff so that you can put in more......ummm.....Big Green Eggs ?? Brilliant move !! Tell the owner I said........huh. --- SAWMAN
I guess you have been over their books and know their profit margins. Outcast has been in business for a very long time and if the hunting side isn't working out as much as the fishing why continue. With the limited space they have on the sales floor it's hard to be fully dedicated to both sides, so why be half ass on both sides. Ask Escambia Electric how the BGE business helped their numbers. Outcast could make more profit selling ARs, pistols and BGE than they would ever sell on hunting clothes, stands and bows. But I'm sure Tommy appreciates your comments.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Huh

What splittine said. We have some great opportunities coming and I want to take advantage of them. It is strictly a business decision. We do not have the room to do everything well so I am going to focus more on the fishing which is what brought us to this point. We are excited about the future here and I am sorry that some don't understand the reason for the decision but for those of you that fish and buy handguns, AR's and yes even green eggs and Yeti coolers you will be pleased. This will be a work in progress but better when it is done. Thanks to all for your help.

·
Registered
14,810 Posts
People who dont have a clue buy their hunting stuff at Walmart & the internet then wonder why a local guy cant stay in business... I feel your pain

·
Banned
3,081 Posts
Sad, the passing of an era. even our walmart here has no hunting only fishing. Sporting good guy did not even know what it was when i asked where the Thermacells were????

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
What splittine said. We have some great opportunities coming and I want to take advantage of them. It is strictly a business decision. We do not have the room to do everything well so I am going to focus more on the fishing which is what brought us to this point. We are excited about the future here and I am sorry that some don't understand the reason for the decision but for those of you that fish and buy handguns, AR's and yes even green eggs and Yeti coolers you will be pleased. This will be a work in progress but better when it is done. Thanks to all for your help.
Had you thought about another location that is specific to hunting etc?

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Thank goodness for Broxsons and Academy! Kinda sad, have absolutely no reason to go to Outcast anymore...well unless they start sellling beer and loose women.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Had you thought about another location that is specific to hunting etc?
That takes alot of capital and would be really sticking your neck out in this trash economy. I hate they're doin this they were begining to be my go to hunting store but I guess I'll go back to mikes.

I'm sure they thought of it but it really is financial suicide in this economy.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
new location

I would have to say that we did not give much thought to another location. I am very happy with what is going on here and I am confident in the decision to change course. If you keep doing what you have always done you will continue getting what you have always gotten.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can't wait to see the new set up I know it will be great!!! Still great deals down there,I got a fine meopta scope today at a great price. I hate that the hunting part will be no longer but if you can't make money why keep it , outcast has always been good to me and customer service is first class!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I f you can't make money why keep it ,I hate it to but understand the change,I have never been to a outdoors store with people as nice as outcast and will continue to be my first stop on the way to the water they have always had everything I need!!! And still some great price on hunting items I got a fine meopta scope today

·
Banned
1,468 Posts
Please forgive me and my arrogance. I am just extremely sad that now,while downtown looking for gun related stuff,i will be forced to go to Jay's. Although your statement re. "if you keep doing what you have always done you will continue getting what you have always gotten",intrigues me. I don't seem to recall ya'll "always" selling the BGE and associated equipment.

May I ask.....will you be selling the cookbook,tongs,and seasoning also ?? Hope so. That way if I need some quality hooks and a cookbook I will surely drop by.

AND.....leave it up to that marketing guru Splittine to give me a crash course in the secret marketing stratagies. NOW.......let's hear the "rest of the story". --- SAWMAN

1 - 20 of 45 Posts