Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations to where I can take my Mercury 75 in for a tune up at a reasonable price?
Thanks!!

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,433 Posts
There isn't really a such thing as a outboard mechanic that is cheap. They wouldn't stay in business long with it being a seasonal trade.

I use Shane Livingston . ( mobile Mechanic)
His number can be found on this forum with ease . He will come to your boat or you can take it to him in Milton Florida

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Chapman5011 I figured I wouldn't find anything cheap I just don't want to be ripped off with unnecessary labor. Had a guy want to charge almost $400 to install a new impeller kit in my old 30hp Johnson. All it takes is a half hour and $45 in parts, just curious so I asked and I couldn't believe it.
Thanks for the contact man

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,433 Posts
Shane did mine for $450

That's included cleaning of 3 carbs,
Change Water pump ,
And put in new lower unit oil at the same time checking to make sure you don't have any water in the lower unit oil, meaning the seals are still good.
Mine has been running good since. That was two summers back. I put only marine fuel in the tank now, and its running awesome since.
He will come to your boat if needed.

Satisfaction of work gauranteed .

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
+1 for Shane

·
Registered
1 Posts
Scott's Marine

Scott's Marine is fully certified warranty and repair for both Mercury and Yamaha. We only use factory parts and fluids, no aftermarket. A regular service can be done the day you bring it, just call and make an appointment. We are on 98, 7.5 miles west of the Lillian bridge.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts