Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a project boat (2000 Edgewater) hull is in decent shape but old merc needs some TLC, and I've currently got too many projects so I think I just want to drop this thing off and get it running. Any recommendations for someone that won't take a month or more? I've used Eddie English for trailer repairs on our work boat and it took months and months. Work was good, but man it took forever

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its a Merc, cut your losses and repower!!!!
I'd like to because this thing is a POS. Rust is pretty bad on the swivel pin. At this point I just want to get it running. I do want to repower because I really like this hull, but budget would be 10-12k and I don't even know if I could do it with that budget. It's got a 150 now.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I called outboards unlimited he said I could drop it off Tuesday. Also called Billy's outboards he wouldn't even work on it. Said you couldn't get parts anymore.....which js weird because I've found the parts online.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I’d use outboard unlimited as well. They are about the best for merc’s especially optimax’s. I’ve used the other two guys as well that were mentioned (when they worked together) and hands down I’d go to outboards unlimited. If I hadn’t sold my boat with the opti on it, I’d drag it back over there from here in MS to get it worked on again in a heartbeat…

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I called Posner marine in Pensacola and got a quote of $16k for a Suzuki 140 (with about 100 day lead time). She said that's with labor, controls and gauges. I would need steering too though since the hydraulics are leaking on this one, so probably another $1k. My buddies are telling me to just run this one 'till it blows and then think about that which is what I will probably do assuming I can get it running.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Call the place in Jay and get you a quote on Suzuki outboards. Cotton something marine. My buddy just got twins repower and the motors were in stock.
He has a 115 in stock, not sure if I'd be happy with that on an 18 footer but I dunno. Installed with a prop and controls plus steering about 15k

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
I called Posner marine in Pensacola and got a quote of $16k for a Suzuki 140 (with about 100 day lead time). She said that's with labor, controls and gauges. I would need steering too though since the hydraulics are leaking on this one, so probably another $1k. My buddies are telling me to just run this one 'till it blows and then think about that which is what I will probably do assuming I can get it running.

If it is just for inshore, I would say the same thing.... but I take my 18ft 20+ miles off shore, when I shut that yamaha off I know it is going to get me back home when I turn the key... its an 06 2 stroke 90.....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts