Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
does anyone know what the hell is going on here? I'm confused and as of right now i'm staying away from any and every shop mentioned on this thread other than emerald coast

·
Praedator
9,917 Posts
biggamefishr (2/17/2010)does anyone know what the hell is going on here? I'm confused and as of right now i'm staying away from any and every shop mentioned on this thread other than emerald coast
Ok this is what I take away from this.

1. Wildroot2 is the same as orcom2010and some other screen names on other forums.

2. He is going around posting these fake testimonials on forums and has been caught doing so. (so it seems)

3.Someone that is pissed at him is trying to expose more to the story as well. (maybe rightfully so or not. Who knows)

All I know is that the original post is a planted testimonial from the shop or someone representing the shop. So it is fake as far as I can see.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I don't have a dog in this fight , but my friend had his Merc 200 rebuilt there and hewas very pleased with it and got it back pretty quick.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had posted earlier about North West Florida Outboard that is owned and operated by Valerie and I guess Big Jim just works for her? My experience there was aweful!!!:hoppingmad:looser The engine that was SOLD to me came apart nearly every time I tried to use it. He always fixed it under warranty at no charge as a "favor" because I ALWAYS had the fault in the problem. I had low battery voltage, water in fuel, Ethanol... bla bla bla. The problem was not the repair cost it was the inconvenience of carrying the boat back and forth and having to listen to all the BS of how nice he was for "fixing" a motor that I destroyed. It blew all cylinders on theport side of the engine 4 times! Hell I didn't want to get out of swimming distancefrom the dock and to this day I don't think they understand the difference inFIXING something and WORKING on it!

They ended up buying the motor back from me so ALL I lost was a season of fishing and about $6000.00 on the cost of the engine and rigging and God knows how much in travel time and fuel going back and forth. :nonono The only reason I even accepted a$2500.00 check on a motor that I paid $8500.00 for and had less than 50hrs run time on was that I bought a new boat and just chalked it up as lesson learned. What goes around comes around!:moon

Come to find out later from some sources that was, "in the know" my same story is how he obtained the motor first..WORKED on it never FIXED it and the guy in NC threatened to seek action and they purchased the motor from him sold it to me... bought it back (IGAVE) from me... then sold it to someone else and the last details I heard on it was the new victim was livid as well with the same issues. 225 Evinrude Ficht... I believe Evinrude misspelled that last part, I think it should have been EvinrudeF#cht!:banghead

Now whether the original shop mentioned was the one I am referring to or his sons..... I imagine as always the apple didn't fall far from the tree!:letsdrink

·
Registered
79 Posts
Don't know the quality of thier work but my nephew worked for these people for several weeks when they first opened. They were trying to just pay him under the table -(no taxes or deduction for social security) this was bad enough, but his first two checks written to him bounced. So he quit, can't blame him . Makes you wonder, just what other kind of no good these fine people are up to.

·
Registered
495 Posts
This has been one of the most entertaining threads I have read on here in a while. Between all of the links and other forums I felt like I was going to get one of those scary faces with loud noise eventually. I am truly sorry for the loss that his customers have had. Hopefully, they will get this guy out of business and get some of there money back!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Go figure!!! lol, I have heard they do good work, BUTI know what kind of person the owner is and I'm here to tell you HE WILL NEVER DO ANY WORK FOR ME!!!!! Now Johnny that works for them is a good dude, I've known him for a few years and he will do you right.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Drove by Outboardrebuild on Avalon Blvd this morning and it appears they have closed up shop. No boats or cars in the lot.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
82whaler (2/26/2010)Drove by Outboardrebuild on Avalon Blvd this morning and it appears they have closed up shop. No boats or cars in the lot.

They have apparently moved to Gulf Breeze and still screwing people. I have a good friend that this guy is screwing. Took the boat to him and he said it had to be rebuilt it, charged $5,000 to rebuild a Mercruiser. First trip out motor screwed up. He told her it was her fault. Now he has had the boat for months. Numbers been disconnected and she can't get hold of him.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks, Wildroot2/orcom2010 for starting an extremely entertaining thread which not only backfired, hurting your business' reputation but also drove away potential customers...kudos to you!!

:letsdrink:clap

·
Registered
1 Posts
seems that everyone that has ever dealt with them have been ripped off. what goes around comes around, he was ran out of space in Milton and apparently Gulf Breeze too. Now he's back in Milton-might want to change your line of work, this is a small community and word gets around.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts