Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my Avalon boat I have a 2 stroke 40 H.P. yamaha motor that runs good, water flows good and starts up fine. When I tilt the motor all the way forward and then flip then support lever down then lower the motor on it to transport the boat it is very hard to start when I get to the launch ramp when I put the motor down into the water in it's normal position. Could it be flooding in this position? Maybe bleeding thru the carbs just a little? Any suggestions??

·
Banned
257 Posts
I had a Yam 40 2str. They do not have a choke system, even though you can depress the key as if there was one. The key is to fully prime the engine by squeezing the ball BELOW the level of the engine. When the ball is tight turn the key while you continue to squeeze the ball. It will start very quickly under these conditions. You can also advance the neutral throttle slightly to keep it going.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I had that problem with a Suzuki once and it was the opposite of flooding, In the tilt position it lost it's prime and need more fuel then the average prime.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts