Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Outback purchased new in the fall of 2008 is taking on considerable amounts of water due to a crack in the drive well at the forward point where the drive rests. I've heard there is a retrofit kit but also heard that it is not reliable. Is this covered by warranty with a hull replacement?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Where did you get it? Key or Liquid?

I would suggest calling them and ask for help. Hobie is generally pretty good about repair/replace.

You never know until you ask.

Bryan

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bought at Key Sailing. Plan to head that way tomorrow but needed some reassurance this evening. I found some threads on the HobieCat.com site that said the hulls were replaced but I also saw some info on the repair kit. I am leery of the repair kit!

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I too have heard that Hobie will replace the Hull but you may have to wait ... a NEW Hull though ?? ... worth the wait :clap

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The guys at Key Sailing were super this AM. Quickly took pictures and will send to Hobie for approval of hull replacement. They couldn't gurantee till Hobie gives the word but looks like no problem. You gotta love Hobie!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Less than three hoursafter going by Key Sailing this AMI got the call that the hull replacement was approved by Hobie and the hull was being shipped today with receipt expected next week. I could not have asked for better service!

I fish a good bit and my Outback was showing some wear. I have never treated the Outback as a toy! Its a fishing kayak! This customer service is just one more reason I will recommend that anyone considering a fishing kayak, go with Hobie and you can't go wrong with the guys at Key Sailing!

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have heardlots of people say similar things about Key Sailing's customer service. Glad it worked out for you, Doc!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Picked up the new hull from Key Sailing today. Only one week from the day I took the damaged one in for inspection to get the new hull from Hobieland out in CA. Ten minutes after I pulled up I'm trucking away with a new hull!

Kirk and his guys rock!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts