Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I’m an outofstate resident but if I own and hunt solely on that land do I have to pay out of state hunting license rate?I’m hearing no, but the family I’m hearing that from are instate landowners. states in reference are alabama land and I’m a florida resident. I think I’m hosed and gonna have to pay out of state rates for hunting only rate🤬.

·
Bearded Brotula
14,937 Posts
AL residents, not landowners. Do like Chase and swap it up.

·
Bearded Brotula
14,937 Posts
If it was just landowner, I'd go buy the cheapest swamp shithole in FL and start gator hunting over there.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Just watch out about paying AL state tax. I heard of a sting going around where they were targeting people doing that. People were saying they were an Alabama resident for a couple months and then getting audited for the couple months worth of state tax.

·
Registered
188 Posts
If you declare residence to get a DL, do you have to pay Alabama state tax on your tax return?

*edit - lots of folks beat me to it

·
Super Moderator
21,202 Posts
How do I pull this off without paying for state taxes in bama on my personal income?

I did it 10+ years ago and didn’t have any issues. Not saying it’s the same now. I only had my DL for a few months though. Think they require you’re a resident for 6 months before buying lifetime license but I didn’t have any issues doing it.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Sure seems like a lot of trouble just to save $300/year, especially considering what most people spend on a hunting lease. Not to mention how much you probably spend on gas, guns, bullets, feed, processing, etc

·
Super Moderator
21,202 Posts
Sure seems like a lot of trouble just to save $300/year, especially considering what most people spend on a hunting lease. Not to mention how much you probably spend on gas, guns, bullets, feed, processing, etc

I mean if I can save $300 a year and the headache of making sure I have the license I’m all for it. Paid for itself in 2.5 years. I’ll blow the $2100 I saved on that on other things.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Didn’t say I was buying the land or leasing, im just going on the title. I’m cheap just not natty light or bush light cheap but 300 bucks is a lot of ultras ! basically inheritance pre measures

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
if Jack show up with nattys while we’re in the can,I’m gonna choose death by the chair vs his lethal injection nattys🤢
What’s the problem with neutral light lol it’s about water not much taste there is a lot worse out there

·
Bearded Brotula
14,937 Posts
Y'all all scared of this silly state income tax, but get reamed on property taxes every year.... 😂

Reactions: MaxxT and Splittine

·
Bearded Brotula
14,937 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts