Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of you that get your out of state Alabama Fishing Lic. it does not go for a year anymore it goes fromthe time of purchase to August . I bought one onlineDecember 31 2007 and expires on 8/31/08 . Made a few phone calls as this kinda pissed me off but was explained to me the way it works. Although I had to go to 5 different people to find out the reason why. Maybe Florida should do the same and jack it up about 3 times the amount.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NOPE - All lic. expire on August 31If you bought one in July of 2008 itexpiresAugust 31,2008 HELLO what's up with that ?

·
Registered
262 Posts
i moved from ala and got my license tag 2 months before my birthday so i had to pay to get a new sticker 2 months later and it wasnt pro rated. every state tries to find a way to screw ya.

·
Banned
910 Posts
curtpcol (1/7/2008)NOPE - All lic. expire on August 31If you bought one in July of 2008 itexpiresAugust 31,2008 HELLO what's up with that ?
Man that is really jacked up if you have to pay the full year price for a one month license.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Different states use different dates....

Best...12 calender months from date of purchase.

Fiscal year..last day of a certain month no matter when bought. ie: August 31 of each year.

Some states will issue a Non-Resident fishing license for 1 day or more, most being consecutive days. Colorado will issue a Non-Resident 1 day license ($9.00)(can be renewed each day ($5.00) you want to fish, days can be pre determined), or a 5day/yearly consecutive days. The worse state that I've fished in for screwing the Non-Resident is Louisiana.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is kind of ironic that they could not change the web page as it states one year from date of purchase. Just have to live with it as it was good for one year last year now it is August 31.

I understand each state is different . With us living so close to the Alabama line most of us have to have an Alabama lic. either fishing the Gulf ,inter-coastal or bayous it is almost a must. Just wanted to inform our members of the change .

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
curtpcol (1/7/2008)It is kind of ironic that they could not change the web page as it states one year from date of purchase. Just have to live with it as it was good for one year last year now it is August 31.

I understand each state is different . With us living so close to the Alabama line most of us have to have an Alabama lic. either fishing the Gulf ,inter-coastal or bayous it is almost a must. Just wanted to inform our members of the change .
I understand where you are coming from. Yes you'd think that the WEB page could and should of been updated. For myself who lives in AL I thank you.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I don't know if this has been brought up yet on another discussion. But you must have a license to castnet fish or gig in Alabama as of Sept. 1, 2007. Before this date it was considered a rod and reel license and you were able to do either one of these without a license as long as there was not a rod in your possession.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No this is a regular out of state saltwater fishing lic. I calledenforcement today and said they had changed to August 31st. as the end of year.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Thanks for posting about this. I didn't know and not that I can do anything about it but nice to know that I'm gonna get screwed ahead of time. :reallycrying

·
Registered
689 Posts
curtpcol (1/7/2008)No this is a regular out of state saltwater fishing lic. I calledenforcement today and said they had changed to August 31st. as the end of year.
Yes curt I'm talking about a saltwater fishing license whether it was in or out of state. It was referred to buy their website as a "rod and reel" license. I know that some people were aware that you could castnet or gig without this license as long as there was not a rod and reel in yourpossession. I was only making the comment about this so everyone would know. I agree it is ridiculous on how the licenses(Dates)are set up. I'm not sure if anyone on here remembers but about 20 years ago it used to be set up the same way.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
<SPAN class=Normal><SPAN class=841244917-10012008>On <SPAN class=Normal>01/07/20085:36:11 PM you wrote:</DIV><SPAN class=Normal>Ronald V. Becker </DIV><SPAN class=Normal><SPAN class=Normal>If there was/is in fact a change in the Saltwater/Freshwater fishing licenses (valid dates) from one year of date of purchase to a fiscal year, I feel it should be posted for all to see. Especially on the buy it on line page. </DIV><SPAN class=Normal><SPAN class=Normal></DIV><SPAN class=Normal><SPAN class=Normal></DIV><SPAN class=Normal><SPAN class=Normal><SPAN class=841244917-10012008>Mr. Becker:</DIV><SPAN class=Normal><SPAN class=Normal><SPAN class=841244917-10012008><SPAN class=Normal><SPAN class=Normal><SPAN class=841244917-10012008>There was indeed a change to the valid period dates for recreational licenses. The text of the legislation follows. We have added wording to outdooralabama.com and our online license sales site.</DIV><SPAN class=Normal><SPAN class=Normal><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">§9-11-32, Code of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">Alabama</st1:State></st1:place> 1975<o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Unless specifically provided otherwise by law, all annual wildlife heritage, hunting, and fishing licenses issued pursuant to this chapter shall be dated when issued and shall authorize the person na<st1:personName w:st="on">me</st1:personName>d on the license to participate in the licensed activities from September 1 or the date of issuance to the next August 31, and then only within the regulations and restrictions provided by law.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p><SPAN class=841244917-10012008>Simply put -- All Annual Fishing, Hunting and Wildlife Heritage licenses</o:p><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p><SPAN class=841244917-10012008><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: navy; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"> expire August 31 each year regardless of the date of purchase.</o:p></DIV><SPAN class=Normal><SPAN class=Normal></DIV><SPAN class=Normal><SPAN class=Normal><SPAN class=Normal><SPAN class=Normal><SPAN class=841244917-10012008>Sorry for the confusion. If you have any other questions, please let me know.</DIV></DIV><DIV align=left><DIV align=left>Julie Perry</DIV><DIV align=left>Information Technology Manager</DIV><DIV align=left>Alabama Dept. of Conservation and Natural Resources</DIV><DIV align=left>64 N Union St, Room 669</DIV><DIV align=left>Montgomery, AL 36104</DIV><DIV align=left>334-353-5510</DIV><DIV align=left>334-353-5276 (fax)</DIV><DIV align=left>[email protected]</DIV><DIV align=left>Outdoor Alabama...Share the Wonder</DIV><DIV align=left>www.outdooralabama.com</DIV><DIV align=left></DIV><DIV align=left>UPDATED........</DIV><DIV align=left></DIV><DIV align=left><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 5pt 0in; mso-layout-grid-align: none; mso-pagination: none">http://www.outdooralabama.com/licenses/WFFLicenseApps/</DIV><DIV align=left></DIV><DIV align=left></DIV></DIV>

·
Registered
418 Posts
Thinks for pointing this out, I pulled my out-of-state Alabama Fresh/Salt Water license and they were good for 1-year from the date of purchase (purchased April 2007).

Does the State prorate the cost of the license based on the time of year? When I renew in April am I paying for a full year or the 4-months until they expire?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Danno ---- The wayI read it they expire August 31 from date of purchase.No prorate

It is going to take a full year for the circle to go around then every one's Lic. will expire the same time. Right now it is BS but will iron itself out in a year . Just have to live with the rule change and move on.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
The information I posted was in reference to the original post. I searched their on line site and nowhere was the expiration dates of our licenses. I contacted Alabama Dept of C&NR and sent them a E-Mail as to the fact that this information wasn't on their WEB site, and should be for the sportsman. They added this information and then responded back to me. Yes it sucks the way it is, but only have to put up with it for one year, myself included.:banghead

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
fishnfever (1/7/2008)I don't know if this has been brought up yet on another discussion. But you must have a license to castnet fish or gig in Alabama as of Sept. 1, 2007. Before this date it was considered a rod and reel license and you were able to do either one of these without a license as long as there was not a rod in your possession.
Sept. 1 was the date they changed from fishing license to pssesion license.

Part of the thing was that a lot of anglers (many big-game fisherman) were coming in through Perdido Pass to escape weather in the Gulf, running through Ala. waters to their final destination and Bama was missing out on their cut.

Now, just to hold a fish on your boat, you must pay Montgomery.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts