Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who take out-of-area trips to hunt, I thought it be cool to see where everyone's going this year and what type of place are you going to. For example, what state and whereabouts in the state, if it's private land, your own lease, guided lodge, management area, etc and how longof a hunt is it. I've looked at a lotof differentset ups over the past couple years and hunted a few of them along the way, but I was just curious where the majority of the forum goeswhen they hunt "out-of-area".

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I know a group that is going back to KANSAS. They will be hunting Management land and have access to some private land as well. This is there third year back to this area.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I am in a club in Henry County AL near Abbeville. We usually make weekend trips up there during the season. I may also be planning a trip to Kansas to hunt with a buddy that has some land up there.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Not sure what you consider out of the area but I hunt 110 acres private land 2 hours north of here in the very northern tip of Conecuh Co. Alabama, it's about 20 miles to the west of Georgiana.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Beytween the o & the p in Demopolis, Florida( my own), Mississippi ( my sisters), Ala ( my Buddies above 65 )... would love to go to Illoniose, Texas, or Kansas...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
The last two years I've made four or five trips each yearto Oakmulgee wma outside of Tuscaloosa, Alabama and I've made a trip to Scotch WMA over in Clarke County, Alabama. I also campedat Hurricane Lake for a few days and hunted in Conecuh, County, Alabama.

This year I'll only be hunting Oakmulgee a couple of weeks because I'll be headed to Illinois from Oct.26-Nov.8 to hunt Shawnee National Forest. If we tag out early we're going to hop over into Missouri and give it a try over there.

It's nice being able to hunt the rut three times in a year.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
headed to IL with Caspr21 to hunt some brusiers at Crooked Creek Whitetails. 5day hunt leaving FL on Nov8 and comin back Nov15. he offered me a spot that i couldnt turn down. might be goin to GA for a paid hunt at Archery Outfitters with my dad and brother but not sure yet. gotta get some references about the outfitter first. hunting Evergreen(most likely) and Monroeville AL to kill some of the Alabama whitetails that have me addicted!! <---thats the hunting im most excited about

·
Registered
743 Posts
Going for two weeks on an out of area trip this year. 1 week in central Kansas "350 acre family land", and 1 week in NW Oklahoma "1000 acres Family land".

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Gump (7/30/2009)Going for two weeks on an out of area trip this year. 1 week in central Kansas "350 acre family land", and 1 week in NW Oklahoma "1000 acres Family land".
If you need anymore "family" members to hunt your family land I'm available! :)

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
69Viking (7/30/2009)Not sure what you consider out of the area but I hunt 110 acres private land 2 hours north of here in the very northern tip of Conecuh Co. Alabama, it's about 20 miles to the west of Georgiana.
What I was really shooting for was places people go outside of their regualr club properties that they hunt all year, such as 4 or 5 day pay/guidedhunts or camping at a management area somewhere. Either way, it's still cool to see where everyone goes whether it's a one time deal or season long club.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I regularly hunt just outside of Greenville, AL. We have around 4500 acres of family land up there we hunt. Good deer. Went to Kansas last year with some friends and may go to Giles Island, MS this year on a paid hunt. Depends on how much some of our fellow forum members get out of me on a home construction project! HA!

·
Registered
63 Posts
It's back to Kentucky in October for 3 day early muzzleloader and back home to Michigan in November for Rifle season. It's my year for a nice buck ,I can feel it. Im over due.

·
Registered
380 Posts
In a little more than three weeks I'm heading to Colorado for my first elk hunt! Gonna be there for about three weeks.I've never even hunted outside of Florida before, I'm so stoked. I've been obsessed for the past few months.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Stumpknocker (7/31/2009)In a little more than three weeks I'm heading to Colorado for my first elk hunt! Gonna be there for about three weeks.I've never even hunted outside of Florida before, I'm so stoked. I've been obsessed for the past few months.
from what ive heard about those colorado elk hunts, you are about to have the time of your life!!!! take plenty of pics and good luck!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Heading to the north end of Ocala National Forest for opening weekend of archery (9-26-09) with fellow pffer's Pensacola Ed and MSB413. Can't wait !!!!

·
Registered
870 Posts
I bought a little land around lake of the ozarks,MO. that i am going up in a few days to build a little log cabin on next to some close friends i have hunted it a few times in the last 2 years and have seen some nice deer up there but still have a place in mississippi,and alabama to hunt not sure i will make it there this year

1 - 20 of 29 Posts