Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Fergie sounded and looked like a transvestite! i was waiting for another Super Bowl "wardrobe malfuntion" and her weiner to pop out... yuck

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Just to clarify, Christina Aguilera didn't mess up during the National Anthem. The lyric change can actually be found in section 1922 (d) (2) of the Health care Reform Bill

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Just to clarify, Christina Aguilera didn't mess up during the National Anthem. The lyric change can actually be found in section 1922 (d) (2) of the Health care Reform Bill
Funny!

Well, hopefully we witnessed the last botched national athem in a superbowl for several years. No NFL next year. No superbowl. Hell maybe the NBA will walk out with 'em and we'll have nothin but college football. Uh, just a wish

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
For the record, if you haven't sung in front of 100,000 people live plus a worldwide live audience via broadcast, you have no right to criticize forgetting the words...even when the song is very familiar. I can always tell when someone is a performer and when they are not. Performers just smile and say to themselves..."I've been there." Just sayin.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
It is not a matter of how easy or how hard a song is. Nor is it a matter of how many times you practice. Ever looked at someone you've known for 20 years and suddenly forget their name? I do that with my own kids. Like I said, anyone who is a performer will understand.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I don't care who you are, if you can't get the song right don't do it. I realize mistakes are made but the parts she did remember sucked as well. Artistic interpretation my ass, save that noise for the people who pretend to enjoy it. And no, I couldn't do it. Thats why you'll never see me up there trying it.

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,092 Posts
I sat next to a guy who played piano onboard cruise ships. He said pros don't rehearse much together. He could walk in and play with most any band after a single rehearsal.

Pros rehearse once and perform 100 times

Amateurs (High School bands) , rehearse 100 times and perform once.

Pros do sound checks and a walk through rehearsal or two.

Now she screwed up big time on a song she has done a lot on the biggest stage of them all (maybe an Inauguration is bigger). She apologized. I'm NO fan of Christina Aguilera, but even pros screw up once in awhile.

Her rendition of the National Anthem is something legitimate to debate, but people have different takes.

Here's one non-traditional version that was pretty good...

Another more traditional version... though there was some individualism involved.

A performer tries to make a song their own. Especially a song where there really is no standard.

I can't fault them for it. I can like or dislike it though.

Here's another that I abhorred for a long time. In my later years I get where he is coming from... ie "We ain't perfect,... but despite the bad, we are the a shining light and can do better."

Jim

21 - 32 of 32 Posts