Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the life of me, I cannot understand why someone would add all those vocal embellishments to our National Anthem. No wonder she forgot the words. Hell if I was out there I couldn't sing Old McDonald. But she is a pro.

I would rather see the anthem performed as it was by that military guy before one of the playoff games.

That was impressive and unembellished.

Great Game!! Halftime show sucked to say the least

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
She adds all that vocal crap cause shes a terrible singer. She is awful and so are the Black Eyed Peas..

I wish a sharpshooter would have assassinated Fergie while she was in the middle of butchering Sweet Child Of Mine...

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
She adds all that vocal crap cause shes a terrible singer.
She adds all that "personalized" crap because the NFL let her.
Blame the NFL, not her.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The torture of the Anthem and the violations of the flag code are getting more and more common. I guess that these irregularities are a product of our freedoms.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I don't mind a little embellishment when it is minimal and done in good taste but last night was fairly terrible.

·
PDC Fishing Team
1,970 Posts
Here's something to think about as well, my dad (82 this year, Lord willing) had a HUGE problem with Lady Antebellum singing the National Anthem at the World Series. Not at the vocals, those were nice and they did remember all the words, nor at the toned down embellishments, those were acceptable.... his problem was that a group of hippies, wearing predominantly black, needing a shave and to comb their hair, needing to tuck their shirts in and wearing jeans and t-shirts would be singing this song at such a great event looking like that....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2zJgyN_lz1M

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Here's something to think about as well, my dad (82 this year, Lord willing) had a HUGE problem with Lady Antebellum singing the National Anthem at the World Series. Not at the vocals, those were nice and they did remember all the words, nor at the toned down embellishments, those were acceptable.... his problem was that a group of hippies, wearing predominantly black, needing a shave and to comb their hair, needing to tuck their shirts in and wearing jeans and t-shirts would be singing this song at such a great event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2zJgyN_lz1M

hmmmm, would he be just as mad if Ted Nugent sang it?

·
PDC Fishing Team
1,970 Posts
My point was to show some generational differences of what some consider important.

Concerning the National Anthem, anything short of clean shaven, respectful presentation, including attire, would result in his ire and criticism. It doesn't have to do anything with contemporary or country, classical or soul. It's about the attention being on the nation not on the person or group.

What's that old fart supposed to know anyway....

·
Bassmaster
609 Posts
She adds all that vocal crap cause shes a terrible singer. She is awful and so are the Black Eyed Peas..

I wish a sharpshooter would have assassinated Fergie while she was in the middle of butchering Sweet Child Of Mine...
I couldn't agree more. Than halftime show was terrible and Fergie ought to be ashamed of herself for ruining a great song

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
i wouldnt say she cant sing

although i personally dont care for her style

Apart from her work in music, she has also dedicated much of her time as a philanthropist for charities, human rights and world issues. She made her feature film debut in the musical Burlesque (2010), earning Aguilera a Golden Globe nomination for Best Original Song. Aguilera's work has earned her numerous awards and accolades, including a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, four Grammy Awards and a Latin Grammy Award, amongst fifteen and three nominations respectively. Rolling Stone ranked her number fifty-eight on their list of the 100 Greatest Singers of All Time, ranking as the youngest and only artist on the list under the age of thirty. She was ranked the 20th Artist of the 2000–09 decade by billboard and is the second top selling single artist of the 2000s behind Madonna. Aguilera has sold over 50 million records worldwide making her one of the best-selling music artists of all time.

here is one i like by her

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
she sounded like a pack of feral cats in heat! she was so worried about making her voice flop around like a mullet out of water that she forgot the words to the ONE song that every American should never mess up! shes pathetic and i hope i never have to hear her voice again for the rest of my life. its like nails across a chalkboard!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
i mean wtf was she thinking it sounded like shit and then forget the words,as for the half time show it was better than any of the once since the nipple slip by janet jackson but to fergie singing sweet child of mine was horrible although slash jammed out

1 - 20 of 32 Posts