Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeff Haynes passed away the morning of Jan. 2nd.

Many of you may have known him for a long time or went to school with him , or fished with him. Jeff used to hang around my shop almost every day through the three years I've been open. He will be missed. Most recently he gained some local fame for being recognized as a local "hero" by the police department in Pensacola for saving a man's life, and he did win Hot Spots King of the Bay, and placed well in Outcast trout tournaments too.

He will be missed greatly by me. He will have a memeorial service Thurday at 5 pm at the Pensacola Worship Center 5715 W Street. His sister asked me to post some fliers so I did this as well.

Also on a sad note that I have not seen mentioned, Lark Bragg the owner of Reel Fun , One Stop bait and tackle on Pace died recently, although I did not know him well he always treated me nicely and was friendly whenever we spoke. It is my understanding that he had the shop for nearly 20 years. I just figured he deserved a mention since so few people seemed to know.

God Bless.

I feel it would have been remiss of me not to have posted since the memorial serive is Thursday for Jeff.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
very sad indeed, both were good people. It came as quite a shock yesterday when I heard of Jeffs passing. both will be missed by the pensacola fishing community

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
My prayers are with them and their families.If you don't mind me asking, were these sudden things such as accidents or long going illnesses?No details required just wondering since I'm on the back nine myself and treat my body like an amusement park.

God bless them , it sounds like they were both great guys.:angel

·
Registered
363 Posts
Jeff will be greatly missed. I'll choose to remember how happy he was when he won the King of the Bay tournament, or when he found those 706z's cheap.

I'm glad I talked him into going fishing with me on his last birthday so I can always remember that stupid smile when he caught his first cobia of the season. Every time I see a whale shark I'll think of Jeff.

God bless the family and all his friends.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Sad to hear of their passing, may they rest in peace. :angel:angel

I didn't know them personally, but they will be certainly missed by all.

God Bless the families also and all their friends!

Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts