Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and the old man decided to head to the beach this morning. We had planned on making the trip for a few days but got out early since we couldn't sleep. We pulled in around 0530 to one of the parking lots past portofino. My boyfriend found a good spot for us and we were fishing by 0615. I caught my first pompano about 30 minutes after we started fishing. He was 17.5 inches:notworthy:. About an hour later we had a catfish get 2 of the lines tangled. I was trying to untangle the lines and felt a fish on the end of the other line so Chris starts trying to pull it in by hand while I untangle the lines. He pulls another pompano up to the beach and it comes unhooked as soon as we get it out of the waves and we just had to watch it swim back in the water :fishslap:. About an hour later we get a double hookup and pull in a 15.5 and a 12.5 inch. We fished for another hour without another bite and decided to head back home. Not bad for our first time fishing for pompano:thumbup:.

·
Registered
139 Posts
We took a little extra time to scout around for a good sand bar/ rip current. We staggered the lines from far to some about 20 yards off the shore. All lines brought in fish at different times. Actually stopped and got floater rigs too. Not sure if the scouting or floaters helped more but combined they both made a great difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts