Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this guy perched on top of power pole just outside our office in downtown Pensacola this afternoon. Could resist taking a few photos. They sure spook easy!!! Couldn't get very close without him flying away with dinner (ribbon fish)for the night!! Pretty cool. Spring is here!!!

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
very cool pics! you know those things (ribbon fish)are very exspensive around SKA time...thanks for posting...

dale and i were talking about ribbon fish yesterday and the SKA...george (speckulator) has had dale and brian pick up boxes of them on their way west to venice or fourchon at interstate rest stops, through his connections, and pick up bait...like a clandestine "pick up"...i always get a laugh out of that...

sorry, wayne, not to derail...good pics...

·
Registered
14,265 Posts
Ultralite (3/8/2010)very cool pics! you know those things (ribbon fish)are very exspensive around SKA time...thanks for posting...

dale and i were talking about ribbon fish yesterday and the SKA...george (speckulator) has had dale and brian pick up boxes of them on their way west to venice or fourchon at interstate rest stops, through his connections, and pick up bait...like a clandestine "pick up"...i always get a laugh out of that...

sorry, wayne, not to derail...good pics...
To derail a little further, those ribbons are 2 for $12.95. Two years ago we were catching them by the ice chest at 3 mile. Gave an ice chest to Strictly Business to assist in his bid to win. If you think about it, they are probally the most expensive fish per pound you can catch.

Nice Pics WayneO, I have grown to love both the Osprey and the Ribbon.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea. Ribbon fish are great king fish bait. I've tied multiple hook king leaders till by thumbs bled!!! And dang do those things stink!! I remember back in my younger days, mullet fishing in the bay, and seeing schools of ribbon fish that had to have 100-200 fish per school. Kinda scary if you were wading...them things got big teeth and look like something from Jurassic Park!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts