Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a helluva spring! I'm still up here in Eugene Oregon, (University of Oregon) and finally got these bass around here figured out. Rainbow trout as well, super easy for the most part

Hard part is finding decent baits for sale! We have a Cabela's but it's a smaller strip store. The Walmarts are a joke

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Wow, nice, those western bass have a little different build than Florida strain, but those are some solid fish, what baits are you looking for that you can’t find? How do those trout eat, the ones from the mountains in North Carolina are great eating. Keep at them!

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, nice, those western bass have a little different build than Florida strain, but those are some solid fish, what baits are you looking for that you can’t find? How do those trout eat, the ones from the mountains in North Carolina are great eating. Keep at them!
Basic stuff like Zoom mag lizards, rattletraps, bullet weights, and jigheads! If you can find them selection is terrible.

The rod selection is probably the biggest improvement, as well as line. Way easier to find seagaur and even ande up here.

Trout are alright, I've eaten them a couple times but I'm usually catch and release

The plan this year is to fish the Umpqua for smallmouth and keep a couple, thatll be a first!

·
lees way2
1,330 Posts
Congrats man those are some good looking fish. You can send me a list of what ya need and Ill send ya a care package.

·
Center Mass at 300m
2,140 Posts
Following you on FB and dig your posts young brother. Hoping to make it out that way someday.

btw, been thinking about setting up a call with you to pick your brain a little about the area. Looking closely at jobs in Portland & Newport (fingers crossed).

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Almost broke my PB trout, caught some good bass too

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Hell yeah man, looks like you have them figured out .

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
The Sandestin bass are getting fatter, and fatter, and ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts