Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Green Eggs And Ham
13,483 Posts
Very old but good. I am trying to find the video where a pod of KW's were hunting great whites off CA. When the great white was killed all of the sharks hauled ass way offshore and weren't seen for months it had scientist baffled on why, but when a shark dies it gives off a chemical that sends a signal for other sharks to get away as fast as you can. There is a dude that made a shark repellent from that.

Killer Whales are the top predator in the oceans.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Very old but good. I am trying to find the video where a pod of KW's were hunting great whites off CA. When the great white was killed all of the sharks hauled ass way offshore and weren't seen for months it had scientist baffled on why, but when a shark dies it gives off a chemical that sends a signal for other sharks to get away as fast as you can. There is a dude that made a shark repellent from that.

Killer Whales are the top predator in the oceans.
Same thing if your shark fishing out of a boat. When I was younger we use to shark fish out of Fort Morgan at the close rigs. All you had to do is run out find a rig with the big schools of hard tails. Catch a few get up current and drift them back under the school. And you would hook up. If you killed that shark in the "Water" you would be lucky to catch another there. When I think about it I can still taste the smell of those stinking S.O.B's piled up in the boat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts