Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick trip out before picking up the kids at school. Caught the 1st one (27 inch) within 5 mins on a Pompano rig with shrimp. Landed the 2nd one which was a beast. It measured 40 inches. Took approx 15 minutes to get in to the beach. The beast was returned unharmed, whereas the smaller one was dinner tonight. The water was choppy and dirty with some good sized swells. Wind had changed to the north, so figured my window was closing quickly.

Attachments

·
Registered
748 Posts
This is what I needed to see. I have been toying with the idea of fishing closer to the gulf but just haven't been able to justify it until now. Good catch!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Excellent catches.

I've been down to the beach twice in the past month without seeing the reds. Hope they're back.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is what I needed to see. I have been toying with the idea of fishing closer to the gulf but just haven't been able to justify it until now. Good catch!
Yeah, first Reds I have caught in quite some time. Jan and Feb was super slow at the beach, occasional Pomp and Whiting bit that's it. Hoping Spring fishing will be awesome

·
Registered
46 Posts
The surf was lying like a rug Friday afternoon/evening. Could not see the first wave from atop the Perdido Pass bridge. What an afternoon for the kayak!

·
Registered
748 Posts
The surf was lying like a rug Friday afternoon/evening. Could not see the first wave from atop the Perdido Pass bridge. What an afternoon for the kayak!
I bet! I have to drag the boat down there and hope Weather underground predicted the wind correctly. It can get snotty in the pass in my flats boat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts