Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went out Friday morning to run the boat and try to find some cobia. We trolled the beaches for a couple hours while trying to sight some at the same time. Just west of the Gulf State Park Pier we had a pole bend but no hook up. We turned around and went through the same area about 30 min later and hooked up and landed a nice little 40 lber. Don't really know how to add photos, I hope that worked though.

/Users/Matt/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2010/Random Fishing/DSCN0061.JPG

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess its cause i'm using safari on a mac and i tried to go through the forum picture processor but that didnt work either. Do you have to have IE?

·
Premium Member
11,191 Posts
nice, nice. trolling for cobia, i've never done that. if you don't mind me asking, what were you pulling and how fast?

congratulations on the fish.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We have caught a few cobia before in the summer months while trolling for kings with deep divers and such, so I thought I would try it when cobia were actually thick around these parts. We were trolling two deep divers (a red and white; and a mackerel color). The mackerel color got hit once but no hook up. This fish hit the red and white. Trolled about 4.5 knots.

Had a large spoon out too but nothing hit that.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
jlw1972 (4/4/2010)nice, nice. trolling for cobia, i've never done that. if you don't mind me asking, what were you pulling and how fast?

congratulations on the fish.
If my memory is correct I belive a boat out of Orange Beach caught a 100lber in the late '80s early 90's trolling during a half day charter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts