Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking and see the LA coast is threatened with the oil spill. Is Orange Beach also being threatened? Plan on being down there in a few weeks and want to know what to expect. I feel sick about this every time I read about it. My heart and prayers goes out to all of you going to be affected by it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Last map I saw (yesterday) was showing a possiblity of coming on shore as far east as Predido Bay. Of course this would depend on the strength and direction of the wind. I'll be heading down the last full week of June so I'm also keeping a close eye on this one.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
5 breaks at 5000' spewing > 100,00 gallons a day with no way to turn it off - figure it'll flow for 45 days the oil will be on the coast from Tx - Tampa and kill the birds, shorelife, wetlands, fish, and the white sand for next 100 years. You can wash off rocks (in AK) it will seep into the sand and shore here and devistate the entire area.

That's the rosy outlook. It most likely will be much worse this is from 5 days - add 30-45 to it and you get what I'm trying to convey.

</p>

·
Registered
606 Posts
This is going to be something that needs to be monitored daily...there is a lot of wild talk on the impact fact is no one knows...this is not like the Valdez which dumped what 11 million barrels of crude oil which is the worse as far as impact on the shore,fish wildlife etc only 3-5 % is crude oil here and the slick is not as thick it could be terrible..but it might be a lot less of an impact that the doom sayers and paper sellers are shouting about.I love this area and hope for the best, all of you in the area are in our prayers .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts