Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My F-in-Law and I went Sunday morningto Orange Beach. The tide was low, temp 48, sky's overcast, and seas were really calm. We were fishing live shrimp on single hook rigs w/ 4 oz weights. We only got one quickpick up, but whatever it was quickly got off.So, the fishing was bad - but I got to try out mynew750 that I bought off of Ebay. It was agamble buying an old made in the USA Pennoff of the internet - but damn if wasn't smooth as it could be. I can't wait for it to get warmer!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Been a crazy cold winter. Glad you got to get out though. I haven't had much of any luck in a while in the surf sadly just a couple whiting. Even fished the pier all superbowl sunday and got skunked. Pass has still been producing some nice sheeps on outgoing high tide right under the bridge but thats been about all that's been around inshore lately. Can't wait til spring finally gets here.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
With all the cold weather we've been having, seems like its gonna take for ever for the water temp to come back up for us. I guess a few Whiting and a Red would make a decent trip out until the scouts start showing up. Maybe next trip out you'll have better luck! Hang in there, its got to pick up in amonth!

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts