Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a Sig Sauer 850 on sale for $120 and a Simmons for $89 locally. Both are good stable brands. Anyone have one of these units and can give me some feedback?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Had my Sig Kilo 850 and have also had the Simmons. Simmons was crap when it came to in the "heat fast range" moments. Kilo picks up fast and is accurate, I haven't had a single problem with it out to about 600 yards.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't have one of those but i recommend getting one with a lifetime warranty. Not sure what the warranty is on the Sig or Simmons. Vortex has the same warranty on their rangefinders as they do on scopes. Leupold does not.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,881 Posts
I agree, of your 2 picks prob the sig., I have neither of those 2, but I have 2 leupolds and never a problem with them.
One just shoots straight line, the other compensates from an elevated stand (up a tree).
So whatever brand you go with, I'd get the one that adjusts/computes elevation to give true distance while in a shooting house, hang-on stand, ladder stand and/or climber stand.

·
Registered
12,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx for the advice. I got the Sig. What a deal. It has a lifetime warranty and is crystal clear and fast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts