Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
MILF - Man I Love Fishing
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I have a 2015 Yamaha F150XB with a seized cowling latch. I called Yamaha to get some insight about how to repair this myself. Yamaha informed me that there is a service campaign for these latches for this motor because this is a known issue. They advised me to take it to a local dealer and have them file a claim so Yamaha can cover the parts for the replacement.

Anyway, I take my boat to a local dealer (who allow me to side swipe a dumpster while they were guiding me backing my boat up, but that's a different rant).

Two hours or so after dropping the boat off, on of the employees calls me to give me an update. He informs me that Yamaha is going to cover the parts to upgrade the bushing for all six cowling latches on my boat (I have twin 150s). He then informs me that it took his mechanic TWO HOURS to remove my cowling, and that I owe $180 for the labor.

I understand that one of the latches is seized, but TWO HOURS?!

So here's my question, am I absolutely nuts for thinking that these guys are bat sh!t crazy for trying to bill me for two hours to take off a cowling?

TIA

·
Registered
229 Posts
Bat shit crazy sums it up well!
Damn lying bastards! It everywhere!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Sounds to me the dealer doesn't like the amount of time that Yamaha is paying for the recall & is trying to force you to pay what they want. I'd call Yamaha & ask them.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
It’s not a recall, it’s a service bulletin, all they have to do is file an assistance claim and it will be approved.

·
Super Moderator
13,462 Posts
Who's the dealer?

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

·
MILF - Man I Love Fishing
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It’s not a recall, it’s a service bulletin, all they have to do is file an assistance claim and it will be approved.

That’s what Yamaha and the dealer said as well. I was just taken aback about being told It took the mechanic two hours to remove the cowling.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So, I have a 2015 Yamaha F150XB with a seized cowling latch. I called Yamaha to get some insight about how to repair this myself. Yamaha informed me that there is a service campaign for these latches for this motor because this is a known issue. They advised me to take it to a local dealer and have them file a claim so Yamaha can cover the parts for the replacement.

Anyway, I take my boat to a local dealer (who allow me to side swipe a dumpster while they were guiding me backing my boat up, but that's a different rant).

Two hours or so after dropping the boat off, on of the employees calls me to give me an update. He informs me that Yamaha is going to cover the parts to upgrade the bushing for all six cowling latches on my boat (I have twin 150s). He then informs me that it took his mechanic TWO HOURS to remove my cowling, and that I owe $180 for the labor.

I understand that one of the latches is seized, but TWO HOURS?!

So here's my question, am I absolutely nuts for thinking that these guys are bat sh!t crazy for trying to bill me for two hours to take off a cowling?

TIA
Very similar to the Rhinoshield 25 yr warranty. After 2 yrs the paint peeled and I called them. They came by, took a look and agreed. Oh the warranty. That's just the paint. Offered to give me $400 of paint but it would be $5000 for painting.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
My neighbor had a similar problem with his Yamaha cowling hatch when it was getting very hard to unlatch one side. Solution was we made sure the latch was always free of corrosion,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts