Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 161 Posts

·
me+bowtech=deer dead
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
in response did anybody else think badazzchef was making himself luck immature and assinine?

and i admit i should have said i was a dude, i thought i did when starting the thread... i apologize, but still

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,091 Posts
I gotta say, you are right. Badazzchef and I were absolutely wrong. We both thought you were a 15 year old female. We both missed entirely that you said you were a male. As most other responders did too.

Perhaps you edited your post at 11:03 pm to add that you were male?

I apologize. But regardless, a tattoo at 15 is STILL a bad idea, MALE or FEMALE.

Jim

·
me+bowtech=deer dead
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
you may be right jim, but at least you didnt make yourself sound like a prick in the process

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I guess I get called to coach to many young men and women these days....I hate that parents look to me to give their children some guidance. I would be suprised if ANYONE on this forum that knows me could back your claim on me being immature and asinine. We need for you to understand this one thing...

You came on our forum and asked us for an opinion...When this thread reaches 12 pages many are going to laugh thinking you were in a fact a girl.

Why in the world do you think you would not get flamed for such a post on such a hot topic in society right now? Dude we are trying to help you. I had a longtime friend and forum member ask me if I thought different of them for decisions they made and the answer is YES!

Your age group is not properly being taught about failure, let down and rejection. Many of you think that its ok to do the things you do in today's society and well guess what its not! In reality in every match there is a loser. There is someone that comes in second...Sometimes you get the job and sometimes you dont. Hell it affects everyone. I lost a bid today on a 16k catering job...suck it up and move on! But you seem to not handle the negative feedback very well and you will need to work on that. Outside of your liberal surroundings there are places with rules and ideals. You may be able to enter those place or you may not....

We sound like old fogies dont we? Well many of us are! I owe my parents a tremendous amount of gratitude for the discipline they gave me growing up...I got told "no" to much and i know it made me a better person...I got whippings, i got second stringed in football....I came in last in my graduating class from college...I guess you need to make mistakes to learn from them...You will NEVER (short you of surgery) be able to escape the decision you are about to make...

So what else ou want to call ME out on...I am just trying to help.

·
me+bowtech=deer dead
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
it would have been fine if you would have put it like that and not like a erragant a-hole...

·
Registered
692 Posts
jim i respect your opinion.. and if your going to talk about my parents you did it the right way... polite... wish there were more people out there like you
No, YOU did it the right way. What ever you decide, I hope you hear this... you are WAY ahead of the game. FWIW, I think that your coming here and seeking input from folks (knowing some might have 'different' ideas then you... puts you WAY ahead of the avg. 15yo. :thumbsup:

My input is that you may want to wait. I won't give you that same 'your too young' line though... you were mature enough to come here to ask so you have EARNED more in my book.

It sounds like your grandfather was pretty special. I can appreciate your deisre to have that kind of connection to him displayed on your body in a tatoo.

I believe that you can honor him with or without the tat. I bet he was an example to you of some things that are pretty special. I pray I am that kind of grandpa to my twin grandsons.

Ink or no ink, I would encourage you to think about a couple of the things he passes on to you. Honesty? Faithfulness? Love? Tough enough to stand, wise enough to bend when the wind blows?

Live these things out in your life, as much as you do you will honor him in a way no tat ever can.

If you decide to have the tat, consider some of the input here... they fade, they stretch... etc. Make sure the message is clear, and think about how to fix it years later. Also consider the asshole who is going to make some smart remark about it... figure out the line you are going to use to crush him... :D

I read your post as a great honor. Not knowing me, you paid me respect by asking here. I hope that whatever you do, you are at peace with and that you NEVER regret.

FWIW, I read in this thread the approach of a thinking young lady that I would he proud to have as a granddaughter... I am sure he is also.

Fair Winds,

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,091 Posts
you may be right jim, but at least you didnt make yourself sound like a prick in the process
I'm not a Dad, Badazzchef is a Dad. I'd trust his opinion, insults included, more than mine. His is borne of experience, mine is mere opinion.

I know my betters.

Badazzchef is a good man, good husband and great father. He is also a friend.

He can be "gruff" (heck he's an auburn fan), but I'm happy to call him a friend.

Jim

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I think you were entirely deceptive in your question and handling of the post responses. Maybe some of the hard answers were not to your liking. Probably all should have said: sure, go ahead, do it. You have your reasons, good enough for the rest of us. Life goes on. But remember this is a forum and honesty is the policy I see held most dearly by most of the members and was given by all in response to your tough, original question. Just saying.

·
me+bowtech=deer dead
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
thank you for those complements Sailing, it means a lot that you say that.. and he was a great grandfather to me (grandson now 15 yrs old) and my two cousins (12 yr old male) and a ( 10 yr old female) he was the greatest guy you couldve ever asked to learn from, his name was Rodney Kenneth Byrd "kenny", to any of you out there that knew him... you know how good of a guy he was

·
me+bowtech=deer dead
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
jim, somehow he knows who my dad is so maybe hes got a grudge or something... badazzchef, what restaurant do you work at/own?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Horse crap on the courage to come on a public forum and ask such a question....It DOES NOT put you ahead of the game....it empowers you to hide behind a keyboard and a monitor and blast away...

What other topics of equal weight are there that a young 15 yr old of either sex could ask and not get the same parental treatment?

Am I to young to have sex
I am 15 and thinking of running away
the list could go on and on...
The internet has become a safehaven for to many weirdos....I HOPE MY CHILDREN NEVER COME TO A PUBLIC WEBSITE ASKING FOR ADVICE ON SOMETHING SO CONTROVERSIAL!!!!!

I mean we see the 15yr old lonely girl story on the Online Predator show where she goes to meet a friend her age and he ends up being a sexual predator....I am just man enough to give you the right advice I suppose. Most other responses are dead on too...

I guess in the end just think it over and do what you think is best...You are the only one that has to live with the tattoo, the permanent ink and the positive or negative labels that stick with you the rest of your life!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Typical 15 year old. You think you got the world figured out bro. I was the same way at 15. I'm only 24 now, and trust me, this world will chew you up and spit you out without a second thought.

As far as the tat, it's your body. Do with it whatever you want. Would I let my 15 year old get one? Not a chance in hell. But you're not my kid so why should I care?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I have no idea who your father is...I have no idea who you are...I am offering feedback on what I feel is a very iffy subject. i would answer it the same to my own 13 yr old son or in a classroom that I get invited too on career day to a child I do not know...

·
Registered
692 Posts
Yes, but you might have missed the part where both parents have already given permission.

I agree that it is not a good idea. But having no reason other then to gain insite, she came here to put up with our crap....

She has my respect for knowingly subjecting herself to this for no reason what so ever... except to ask.

Agree or not, she gets input from some folks who are older... and is smart enough to ask.

Much more then a lesser person might have choosen to do. :thumbsup:

Horse crap on the courage to come on a public forum and ask such a question....It DOES NOT put you ahead of the game....it empowers you to hide behind a keyboard and a monitor and blast away...

What other topics of equal weight are there that a young 15 yr old of either sex could ask and not get the same parental treatment?

Am I to young to have sex
I am 15 and thinking of running away
the list could go on and on...
The internet has become a safehaven for to many weirdos....I HOPE MY CHILDREN NEVER COME TO A PUBLIC WEBSITE ASKING FOR ADVICE ON SOMETHING SO CONTROVERSIAL!!!!!

I mean we see the 15yr old lonely girl story on the Online Predator show where she goes to meet a friend her age and he ends up being a sexual predator....I am just man enough to give you the right advice I suppose. Most other responses are dead on too...

I guess in the end just think it over and do what you think is best...You are the only one that has to live with the tattoo, the permanent ink and the positive or negative labels that stick with you the rest of your life!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Yes, but you might have missed the part where both parents have already given permission.

I agree that it is not a good idea. But having no reason other then to gain insite, she came here to put up with our crap....

She has my respect for knowingly subjecting herself to this for no reason what so ever... except to ask.

Agree or not, she gets input from some folks who are older... and is smart enough to ask.

Much more then a lesser person might have choosen to do. :thumbsup:
And in that i agree...However you have to prepare yourself for the onslaught of answers....And when the overwhelming majority oppose the question at hand and then you come back and say "well i am dead set on it" why even begin the post anyway? Kinda aggravating really

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Zulu I am looking at your pics and cant help but wonder...You are a sharp looking kid...dont tarnish it man....If you needed a summer job serving at a wedding I would hire you on the spot...

·
Registered
207 Posts
I am a single mother of 4, 21 yr old son 19 daughter and twin girls 15 and I would never allow them to get a tat or a belly piercing. The things that you do when you are young you do not realize the effects they have on you when you are older. All the opinions stated should tell you if people tell you, you have a tail turn around and look. If you have to ask if something is okay then it is not. I was a wild child in my teens and I am the only one of 4 girls that never got a tat,,, all my sister's resent them now. My 19 yr old daughter got a small tat on her foot a year ago, every once in awhile she will question it,,,, things change life goes on. I love the fact I have no tats, I think it takes away from a womens natural beauty and they look crazy on women over 40. And that is all I have to say about that!

41 - 60 of 161 Posts