Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Reel Insurance
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting close to painting the deck and inside cabin of our 21ft cuddy. Has anyone had any experience roll and tipping or spraying the Rustoleum marine paint you can buy at Lowes? How has it held up and how well did it go down? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
I'd use Awlgrip way before using that.

The Rustoleum makes good porch swing paint. :)

·
Reel Insurance
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would too, but the 4x price tag on Awlgrip over Rustoleum makes me wonder if i can justify the price. Ill look into it. Thanks Shark

·
Bearded Brotula
12,689 Posts
IMO, Rustoleum makes a good rust inhibiting primer, but that's about it. They took a good product and then tried to branch out in too many directions. Their garage floor paint sucks and so does most of their commercial line. I would be hesitant about using anything other than their original primer. I would spend the money on the awlgrip.

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Think of it like this..... It's just as much work to do either one the first time. it's twice the work if you have to do it again 2yrs down the road with the Rustolem product.

So where is the savings then?

·
Reel Insurance
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Think of it like this..... It's just as much work to do either one the first time. it's twice the work if you have to do it again 2yrs down the road with the Rustolem product.

So where is the savings then?
Agreed. Any advice on picking the right Awlgrip paint? There seems to be many different types and styles. The paint will more the likely be sprayed on.

·
Tangle Master
3,310 Posts
Being a floor paint I would go with an epoxy.

I am using a product called UPol Raptor on the deck of my Wellcraft. Its a bedliner and can be tinted to any color you want. $119 for enough to do an eight foot bed and it includes the shutz gun. If need be I can get a link to a V21 done with the Raptor.

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,305 Posts
I would go with the Awlcraft 2000. It much easier to touch up and it can be wet sanded and buffed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts