Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<SPAN class=postbody>I posted on another site my opinion on ladies divisions in tournaments & it just got me thinking. I'm curious as to what you<SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"> really think about this...
IMO I have never understood the reasoning behind it. Why are we not all equal anglers? I can win a prize just for being a lady. That makes no sense to me. I really don't like the big money tournaments that will let a lady fish on the boat only to win money, she may never fish any other time during the year. Don't take this wrong, because I know some very good lady anglers that have earned their place on the board.I don't fish a lot of tournaments because I am not competitive (at all) I just like to fish. But I am going to be fishing several tournaments this year and I know at least one will have a ladies division. Am I missing something, would anyone care to enlighten me?:) ~Linda

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
I think Lady Angler division are simply a way for tournaments to offer more money to the participants. More ways to win, which is why most of the tournament boats go.

Now, ladies-only tournaments, in my opinion, are simply a great way to get more women involved in the sport and for the "serious" tournament guys to go out and have fun and spend some time with their wives doing what they like to do.

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,169 Posts
I agree. In most cases, it's not about physical strength.

And the fish don't know if it is a male or female angler on the other end of the line.

Sea-r-cy

·
Registered
338 Posts
If you are a female in a tournament with a lady's division you don't have to enter your fish in the ladies division. As stated above, itis a way to distribute more prizes, hopefully get interest and participation by lady anglers, and make the tournament more interesting.As an angler it gives you better oddsof being in the winning circle. The same goes for junior anglers and junior divisions.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'm all about getting more folks to fish. The Ladies division seems traditional enough to keep the ladies interested. Now, for info sake, can't a woman win the regular prizes (like biggest weight fish) as long as she enters the tourney? In my mind...anyone can win the tourney, but only ladies enter the ladies division (equals more prizes). Did I say that right????:letsdrink

Vickie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts