Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for inputs. The boat is a 97 and supposedly the motor is a 2017. The engine has a knock. Its my friend from work, neighbor. He is going through a divorce. I don’t think he is actively advertising it. My friend asked me my opinion but I think he talked himself out of it Due to time and money. From the comments, it seems like its very easy to have more in the boat than it’s worth, unless you do most of work yourself.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
My main thing is this...do you wanna dive and fish or fix a boat?
Dive and fish!! I’ve restored cars and don’t have motivation to do it but if there is some value there and I can contract some work to fix and sell for a profit but it sounds like the value is not there unless you did all the work yourself. Oh well. Just a thought to possibly make a little extra scuba cash

·
Registered
13,196 Posts
Dive and fish!! I’ve restored cars and don’t have motivation to do it but if there is some value there and I can contract some work to fix and sell for a profit but it sounds like the value is not there unless you did all the work yourself. Oh well. Just a thought to possibly make a little extra scuba cash
You’d be better off working at the outcast sale from duck to dawn and using that money to dive with. Lol. Actually, I used see hope in every boat I saw, but have wised up quite a bit. I think your above assessment is correct.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
If it’s free...and you don’t mind dumping 20 large on a boat that will be worth 12k when you’re done with it...and doing most of the work yourself, then it’s a great deal.

Reactions: X-Shark

·
Registered
9,997 Posts
Junk the IO Put A new outboard on it. Rebuild whats wrong, rewire it you got a new boat that will last forever. Hell my 20.6 wellcreft has it's 5th new engine on it. I just looked at your occupation.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Had a 231 for years and loved it. Boat is 25 feet length on waterline so it's a BIG 23 footer, look at the title and it will say 25 feet. The only trouble I had with mine was big black 225 anchor on the back of it. Word of warning, those boats are heavy so you better have at least a 3/4 ton to pull it with.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
What DLo said is Exactly what will happen......Have you priced a new 250 Outboard? $18K Armstrong bracket......$4500....... Now you have pieces and have to put it together...

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Sorry I would not buy Boat too old meaning the entire boat has wear and tear ie strigers , fuel tank, electrict, ect; As stated before you need to be able to do most of the work yourself!!!

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
I think a lot of the boats down south are Cruisers with I/O's. Pretty sure most CC and walk around fishing boats are O/B.
I/O and Salt water is a no go!

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
When I worked down there for 3 years and was in the market for a boat, you'd be surprised at the number of I/O CCs and WAs I saw.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Had a ProLine when I arrived here in 2007. It pounded me to death in the Gulf. Traded the next year for a Robalo.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I passed his info to kidsoncoffee I’m not sure if he bought it or not

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
i fished out of a 29 or 30 Proline in Venice,La several times and was amazed at the ride and how well it took seas. twin OB's would make that hull.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts