Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We camped at Miller's Ferry and hunted from there down to Claibourne. Our neighbors at the campground cught these guys while we were hangin' on the side of a tree:banghead they had about 15-20 in a cooler and these were the biggest.That's my brother holdin' 'em.

On our way home through Tunnel Springs we ran across this guy.............

He even smiled for me in this one.....I think.

Here are some random shots from the Alabama river banks.

This last one, we were at a small pic-nic/playgroundon a hill. The tree in the foreground is about 50-60' tall it was nearly straight down from here. Beautiful woods and water everywhere. This is all Army Corps of Engineer land in AL.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
WOW That place is gorgeous

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very. in a couple of weeks I'll be back up there and hope to get more "in the woods" pics. The place goes on and on it seems.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I hope you have a good zoom on your camera. That rattlesnake looks a little too close. Are they protected there? If not, he wouldn't be getting that close to anyone else. That's one adrenaline rush I can do without!

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
I drive past there every weekend. Let me know when you come back this way and I'll stop in and meet you. All of the COE parks up here are fantastic. Within about a 20 mile radius of where you were, there are 4 more COE parks and they are all nestled into areas just like that one. Here are a few pictures taken upstream of where you were from this summer. We manage to have a raft up of about 30 - 40 boats every weekend up in Selma. Anybody recognize the Proline in the picture?

This directly across the river. The younger, wilder crowd generally goes overhere.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's cool H2O..........We'll be back not this weekend but the following. Probably back at Miller's Ferry wher there are showers and electricity. LOL roughin' it is tough ya know.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Those are some beautiful pictures except the one of your brother and he looks gay.:)

I want to go down there one weekend with you. What shift are you working now a days?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm on A shift. We might go Fri but I dunno yet. I tell him when I'm off and he make sthe decision. I can always go to the Pasture.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I'm also on A-shift now. Maybe we can get up there on a long weekend or something. Do you have to have a boat to hunt that area?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, but some good hiking boots are required. You gotta park at the gates and hoof it in. Bicycles are allowed though.

I just talked to Rob and he says we're gonna go Thur& Fri. I'm planning on my long weekend and he said you're welcome anytime. Just get up with me.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Tell Rob thanks. I've got the camp stove, lantern and anything else needed for camping. As you know I camp at Oakmulgee 3-4 times a year. Yall are welcome to head up there with me in December 7 & 8 and December 21 and 22.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts