Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went Friday afternoon and sat in the stand until dark with nothing butseeing birds and squirels running around. Got up early Saturday Morning and went sat in my shooting house for about 2 hours and wasnt seeing much of anything. There was another spot in the woods I wanted to go watch for a little bit about 50 yards to the east of where I was. So i left the shooting house and started over that way. I get within 10ft of where I wanted to go and spooked a buck in a thicket that was bedded down. I grunted at him and he stopped i stood there for a bit and didnt breathe to let him calm back down. I could see him through some thick stuff I just didnt have a shot, well i did but it was a shot in the ass, and i honestly didnt feel like shooting him in the ass. Couldnt get a look at how many points he was though. I moved over to my spot and he spooked again. I grunted at him and he stopped again, still with no shot. So this type of thing went on for about 30 mins he would never present me with a shot, and honestly I dont blame him. If i was him i wouldnt want to get broadside either. He finally had enough of me and after blowing at me he got into some real thick cover and i could here him moving but he was getting further and further away from me. I sat there for about another hour with no action. Left the woods and got some good breakfast and took a nap before I had to work Saturday night. After all of the events of the weekend and having everyone over at the house for thanksgiving and cleaning up and tending to my company and all. I didnt have the energy to get up Sunday and go. The good thing is With all the work I have done this year with my land and planting and clearing underbrush and what not and getting a water source out there i am seeing the benifits of it. There is a lot of sign back by my feeders and on my plot and I am just thrilled thats ok i will get them next month.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts