Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Windy, overcast, wet stands(which means wet ass), and no deer at allthis A.M. I Huntup at Springhill justsouth of Blackwater and northeast of milton. It'sturkey, mashed taters, dressing and gravy:hungry then back to the woods not till tommorow for me. What was everybody elses reports from the A.M.??

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,547 Posts
sorry I was checking for holes in my eyelids. while visions of Thanksgiving feast danced in my head.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I hunt north of cr 168, when I got in there, the deer were already feeding. The fog was so thick, by the time it got were I could see they were gone. Maybe better luck Friday.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I didn't see squat this morning in Cantonment/Molino. One guy in our club saw four (2 does, 1 fawn and a racked buck )- no chance for a shot. This afternoon I saw a doe and a fawn, guy hunting near me shot a bobcat - no bucks.

Good luck tomorrow!

Ed

·
Super Moderator
28,521 Posts
Took the kids to private honey hole, oldest saw a forked and unk. deer this A.M. and me and the youngest saw 2 on the way to the blind.

Went and ate till my pants popped! Then headed back to the woods.

As I walked up to the pasture a small buck was in front of my blind:banghead... Tried to get sneakey and brace on a hard surface fer a shot and he was gone. Around 1630 I saw some movement about 140 yards and there were 4 nannies eating some acorns. My oldest saw 1 nannie and almost got blown outta the tree.... At least we saw deer:clap

·
Registered
249 Posts
norman b shot a spike wee sow 4 bucks before daylight I smacked a dirt inbankement prity hard but nothing was hurt sow 3 nice turkeys

thers always tomorow

·
Registered
782 Posts
took the boy on his first gun toating hunt. 6:45 shot at a about 8" spike missed twice. 7:15 shot at 6 point missed once. this kid has the best deer seeing luck, just doesn't translate to deer killing luck yet. all in all we saw 18 deer this morning.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Sorry for the late reply but I just got back from being in the camper since last Wednesday. Not so good the 1st day but I did manage to get a decent 6 point Friday afternoon. What a way to open up the season since last year it was the next to last day before I finally got one! On the way to the Blue Springs dog hunt this weekend and another 5 days at the camp. God I love hunting season!

I finally got the picture emailed to me so here it is.

·
Registered
128 Posts
fle scout i sent you a pm not sure if it went through but good luck in blue springs i will be there in a tree. if this dog hunt is anything like the first 3 still hunts yall should have the place to yourself.bryen:mmmbeer

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Got your PM. Thanks. I will be returning to Blue Springs for the first time in about 15 years and am looking forward to it. Give me a call if you need a trail dog or some help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts