Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went up to the lease in north pike co to work on some stands and about 4pm i decided to sit on a power line till dark, 4:30 out walks this ole boy. i could'nt resist. exactly 180# perfect 8 point. first shot with my new .257 weatherby mag.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Nice Buck. I have been many opening days, but I have yet to kill a buck on Opening day. Is thatyour first Opening Day Buck?

Congrats

·
Registered
393 Posts
Nice buck Driscoll, Congrats. They don't all come that easy.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah curtis, the first. usually when i kill a good one i lose interest for the rest of the season so it looks like my season this year lasted less than an hour.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
off route II (11/19/2007)yeah curtis, the first. usually when i kill a good one i lose interest for the rest of the season so it looks like my season this year lasted less than an hour.
I love to watch nature in the woods, and I go just to be out there, but I know what you mean about getting a good deer and how your interest can change. You said your lease is in North Pike Co., What area is it near? I used to hunt in Glenwood, south of Troy, and Goshen years ago. There is alot of pretty woods in that part of Alabama.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
I got another Question. I have gotten out of the 4 wheeler business, and have thought about getting a Rhino. Do you like yours?

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
we got about 1800 acres up near the martin-marrieta plant in orion. we also hunt about 800 is south bullock co near blues old stand.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Man that is a nice buck. Way to go, I know what you mean about starting and ending your season. I am just showing the young ones how to hunt and I think I am enjoying that more than hunting. Congrats.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i like the rhino ok, this is the first year i've used it and i also got tired of a 4 wheeler although i still have it. if you are on the rhino on dusty roads you get a lot of dust up in the cab area because it is not sealed between the seats and the body. i think i can fix that and i will let you know how it works. i guess my mission for the rest of the season is to help my 7 yr old grandson get his first deer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts