Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has already been asked but I'm a new member, first post.

I'm looking for open boat ramps near or somewhat nearPensacola pass. Whethertheyare locatedin Pensacola Bay, Intercoastal waterway, or any of the bayous is okay.

I usually launch at Sherman Cove, but it's closed.

I saw a post that said Bayou Grande was open with workers manning the booms. Does anyone know if it's manned 24/7, or do you have to be back by a certain time to get back in?

If anyone knows any other ramps that are open please post them here.

Thanks......enjoy the forum.

·
Fishing Goddess
1,072 Posts
Galvez Landing is still open. It's located on Innerarity Point and is just a few miles from Sherman Cove. It's about a mile west of the Theo Baar's Bridge just off Innerarity Point Road.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks on the rocks. I'll give it a shot. Is the launch fee reasonable?

Years agoI used to launch at a place called Rusty's on Gulf Beach Hwy. Anyone know if that is still there and open?

I live on the north side of P'cola and I'm just trying to find open ramps before driving across town to find out they're closed

Thanks again all.....

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
it's a free launch...pretty good amount of parking...2 launches...lots of VOO there and not a lot of recreational boats at this time...current can be tricky at times but, most have no problems...

15 minutes of "no wake" zone headed east and about 20-25 mins. to the pass...shoot us a pm and stop in and say "hello"...

mikendale

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Fishing Goddess
1,072 Posts
There is still a listing for them...
Rod & Reel Marina and Dry Storage10045 Sinton Drivephone number is 850-492-0100
not sure if they are still in business

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Bayou Texar looked open but there was only one truck with trailer in the parking lot this morning. Don't know if under the train trestle is open to the bay or not. There are 2 ramps and no charge.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
What about Shoreline Park in Gulf Breeze? I saw a lot of the FDLE and FWC boats on trailers heading that way for President Hope and Change's motorcade day. Is it still open, or only for Mr. Wonderful.:usaflag

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
The excellent ramp at PSMC, Pensacola Shipyard is open. $5 Secure and guarded parking for truck & trailer. From Navy Blvd., just west of W St. you will see the launching ramp sign on the south side of the street by Myrick St. Take Myrick past the RR tracks to the PSMC sign, go around the building - SLOW, then straight to the bayou and follow the directions. Either go into the store and pay or leave a check in the box by the ramp.

All of Bayou Chico is a "Idle speed only" zone.

Head south under the tall Barrancas Ave bridge, pass the dry storage and BP oil spill area, then pass the "Oar House" which has a dock for boaters eating there. Another couple of hundred yards pass the PYC and you will see the "Resume Safe Speed" sign. Be sure to stay in the channel to pass the last green marker as there is shallow water with many rocks on the south side of the channel. I have a neighbors mangled propellor hanging on my deck to remind folks to stay in the channel.

Tom

·
Registered
46 Posts
latest email i got yesterday from the MWR Facilities is that Sherman cove is open for business. They sent this email out to all active duty on the base.

navy point is also a good boat ramp.

This was sent to me monday.

<span lang=EN>"Effective today the beaches at Barrancas and behind the Oak Grove Park cabins are secured until further notice.

Ski Beach is open and fully operational.

Sherman Cove and Bayou Grande Marinas are open and fully operational including boat launching ramps. "

·
Registered
162 Posts
Has anyone confirmed this with a drive by or phone call? It sure would be sweet if they have reopened it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just called Sherman Cove at 10:30 this morning and was told the Base Commanding Officer had not given the okay to open Sherman or Bayou Grande for launching yet. The gentleman on the phone mentioned that Blue Angel Park off Hwy 98 was open for launching.

So, as of this email, Sherman is still closed for launching.

·
Registered
37 Posts
if you really want to go & catch some fish go down to panama city there is still boat ramps opened & the fishing closure isn't all the way down there.

2100 SEA CHASER

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
jspooney (18/06/2010)Yes, Shoreline is open and operational. $10 launch fee.
Or $50 a year pass and you can leave a bag full of $ in the bed of your truck and it will be there when you get back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
<span style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; COLOR: #1f5080; font-size: 11pt">Greetings Boaters? This is Trey, the receptionist at SCM. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<span style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; COLOR: #1f5080; font-size: 11pt">At 1130, we were just told private vessel launching will reopen tomorrow (6/22/10) but only from 0800-1700 until further notice.<o:p></o:p>

<span style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; COLOR: #1f5080; font-size: 11pt">ONLY FROM 0800-1700 - but it will be open 7 days a week.<o:p></o:p>

<span style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; COLOR: #1f5080; font-size: 11pt">The cove is being boomed off from 1700 until 0800 the following day.<o:p></o:p>

<span style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; COLOR: #1f5080; font-size: 11pt">This is subject to change at any time.<o:p></o:p>

<span style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; COLOR: #1f5080; font-size: 11pt">This is not a public ramp; it is for authorized military personnel only.<o:p></o:p>

<span style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; COLOR: #1f5080; font-size: 11pt">If you have anymore questions, feel free to call ShermanCove Marina<o:p></o:p>

1 - 20 of 20 Posts