Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well out of the three day field trial my dad hunted I only got to hunt today due to work schedule unfortunately. I ended up getting a doe or at least I thought it was a doe. Well the creek I was near had a road that went right through it and I was set up about 20 yards south of the dim road by the creek bottom. Well as soon as that truck drove by this spike came barreling through like a bad out of hell. I had enough time to stand, stop him, do a quick head check (I was hoping it was a doe). Didn't see any antlers, buttons nothing so I let the smoke pole bark. The deer ended up running 20 yards and piled in the creek. Well when I got down of course to get the deer I grab him and saw he had some tiny bone. His hair was even covering his bone. :mad: I mean it is meat for the freezer and I'm not complaining but I try not to shoot button bucks even during archery. Well.it was a good day all together hunting with dad.

Attachments

Reactions: SaltWaterBuck

·
Super Moderator
28,613 Posts
I heard it was tough hunting this weekend....i figured more reports since folks were stomping the crap outta that area! A few buddies that aren't on here went all weekend and had squat!!!! Congrats on the meat!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts