Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I made a good recovery. Pompano and whiting are still there so I continue to target them. Two of the best eating fish inshore. It's hard to peel myself away from them. Crooked island, adjacent to Tyndall AFB has been very kind to me.
All whiting, the trout and the mackeral were caught on a silly Willy type jig with a feathered hook tied on a loop knot. Lure
0613201435b.jpg
had to be tipped with fish bites.
All the pompano took fiddlers impaled on a yellowtail hook suspended 4 to 6 feet under a large float. I make sure the spot the floats are in is in less that 7 feet deep. 2 of the pomps were caught on the outside of the inlet, a couple hundred yards down the beach. The rest were caught in the inlet area.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice catch PJ!

We ended up only catching that one short pompano and about 15 whiting...Caught a few baby sail cats also...I went out and threw a topwater around the tarpon but no takers. Headed over to East Bay and managed only one keeper trout. It was a pretty tough day for us...Trout came on a topwater plug. The whiting bit the silly willy jigs with fish bites.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts