Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great first pomp trip for the year. Missed two right off the bat. Steady action through the day. Tussled with something BIG but she pooped off and left me someone else’s bottom rig with satellite weight. Fished Navarre area. Incoming tide and strong surf. They ate my frozen sand fleas from Ft Pickens I saved in the fall. Sure came in handy as sand fleas were few and far between. Strong average size but none tourney worthy. Maybe next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
Dang, I should have stayed out a little longer. Fished for a couple hours this morning on Perdido Key and only managed 1 little whiting.

There were no sand fleas to be found on the beach so used Fishbites.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Great trip! Sand fleas are small and hard to find at Navarre beach, the bite has not been steady at all. Glad to see Ft. Pickens do well for you! Awesome day! My gues is you lost a big red. Did it leave you with a bent hook?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Acted like a big red. Didn’t bend the hook. Not my first rodeo. Big reel spoiled with plenty of line. Drag adjusted appropriately. Just popped off. Could have just been tangled with the rig and busted the line she was hooked on on that other rig. Who knows. Either way, would like to have seen her!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Sweeeeeet.. we fished pensacola ft pickens at Gulf Islands area. They were there, but nada for us. TY for that report and stay salty !!!!

·
Super Moderator
27,927 Posts
That's a dern sure awesome day fer ya!

·
Registered
2 Posts
question

with the rough surf yesterday, how far did you get your rig out? I couldn't wade out to the first sandbar. Did you keep it in close?

·
Registered
2 Posts
with the high waves yesterday, how far did you get your rig out? I couldn't get to the first sandbar. Did you keep your rig in close?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts