Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
OSOK
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been fishing every day lately (minus my Alaska trip last weekend;)) and the king mackerel bite has been on fire to say the least. They have been biting and they have been big! With the king bite as good as it is and with some wahoo and sails mixed in with them it's been tough to not live bait on every trip. I have been mixing in some bottom fishing here and there though and the bite has been decent but not great. A few mingos here and there and the white snapper have been steady. Nice to keep some triggers now also and I am still looking for that first keeper AJ of the season. We managed a few nice grouper here and there also but the dang sharks have been incredibly bad. We had a real nice red grouper get torn apart by 3 sharks 10 feet under the boat a few days ago, it's almost like those dang things don't eat unless it's a hooked grouper. Anyways, I sure am ready for it to cool off some. This heat is miserable and I can't wait until we get some cooler fall weather. Here's some pics for the last few, enjoy!

Attachments

·
OSOK
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! How far out are you finding the Kings?
2-4 miles from the beach. There has been a ton of bait around (bonito, hardtails) just offshore and the kings have been hanging around the edges of those schools.

·
Registered
393 Posts
2-4 miles from the beach. There has been a ton of bait around (bonito, hardtails) just offshore and the kings have been hanging around the edges of those schools.
Thanks for the advice. I'll be down next week and I'm hoping to land a king or two. I didn't get any last year so they are definately on my bucket list this year.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Nice job capt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts