Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
OSOK
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a great month of fishing so far out of Destin. Fortunately the flood did not mess up the water to bad out of Destin the way it did in Pensacola. Been fishing mostly live bottom in 70-95' and doing very well on Mingos, triggers, black snapper, red grouper, and the ever elusive red snapper. The King Mackerel bite has been absolutely insane. A few days ago was one of the most fun days of king fishing I have ever been a part of. We did some live bait trolling and boated about a dozen or so in an hour. The decision was made to pull lines in and go hit some bottom spots. As I am bringing in the last line I look down below the boat and there is a huge school of kings 20' below the boat. Everything from 40lb smokers to 10lb snakes. I quickly grabbed a scoop of baits and slung them over the side and immediately we had a big fish sky on a bait not even ten feet from the boat. We sat there and caught kings until my hands were sore from tailing them. It was an absolute blast! I'm including a couple pics from the last few trips. Looking forward to some snapper fishing here in a couple weeks!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Damn nice black snapper and red grouper.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
way to go Adam, the water has been pretty messed up over pcola way but the mingo, triggers and alike RS has been on fire too, the king bite has been hit and miss but expect them to show thick any day.

Thanks for the report and great to meet you face to face last week.

Jimmy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts