Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to pair my 6000 Stradic with a rod. I don't plan on using it much, since I do mostly inshore fishing, but want it ready just incase. Ideally I'd like the rod to be able to handle snapper (smaller ones), kings, and cobia. From the reading I've done, those rods are completely different, especially King to Snapper. I don't need this rod to be the best at all of those, and would prefer it to be better at kings than snapper. Is there a rod that would work for all, or am I dreaming?

Thanks

·
Wolfgang
257 Posts
My Walmart special Penn Rampage 7' hasn't seen anything it cant handle. Its a wee bit stiff for twitch/jerk bait fishing, but will suffice in a pinch.
I keep my old 7500 ss on it.

·
Master of Disaster
3,042 Posts
That depends on what kind of fishing you REALLY want to do with it. Do you want one to cast longer distances? Something better for just pitching and bottom fishing? But I'm guessing you are looking for something more "offshore" oriented? As far as cobia, if you will be sight fishing for them- you might want something better at casting than a shorter bottom fishing rod.
.....so, yes, they are kinda different.
And the one question to beat them all... your budget? Are you willing to spend a few more $$ on a better rod like a Star Paraflex- or more in the market for a Shakespear Ugly Stick?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Looking to pair my 6000 Stradic with a rod. I don't plan on using it much, since I do mostly inshore fishing, but want it ready just incase. Ideally I'd like the rod to be able to handle snapper (smaller ones), kings, and cobia. From the reading I've done, those rods are completely different, especially King to Snapper. I don't need this rod to be the best at all of those, and would prefer it to be better at kings than snapper. Is there a rod that would work for all, or am I dreaming?

Thanks

What's the price range?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Call Obie at FASTCAST. 375-9190 Explain what you need and he will build at for you at a fair price. He is an experienced fishermen and knows his stuff.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I agree with calling Obie. He has made me a number of rods. I refer to my favorite as a Fast Cast Pompaling rod. He made it for me when I asked him for almost the same thing you're looking for.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Ugly Stik Tiger Lite series. Excellent price. Versatile rod that can do many things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts